Detect, Avoid IMSI-Catcher Attacks with Android IMSI-Catcher Detector

Privacy is always an important topic, as well as a delicate one to … more

Materialized LeanDroid Fights Your Poor Battery Life

Battery life has always been one of the biggest problems facing most Android devices. … more

Bump! Workaround for the LG G3 Locked Bootloader – XDA TV

The LG G3 is a power house device. It’s been a favorite of many people. … more

Enable Call Recording on Xperia Z2 and Z3

Call recording, while not legal in every part of the world, is quite handy in certain situations. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Last ditch attempt at help

OP TrickyD76

22nd July 2014, 06:43 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag White Plains
Thanks Meter: 6

79 posts
More
Is there a single ROM out there for someone who went from MDL(I am pretty sure), who then ODIN'd MF9 way back last year...who then ODIN'd NAE MODEM ONLY, and is able to use their phone or camera, on ANY ROM whatsoever?

ive tried Negalite and SACS...using philz and twrp respectively, full wipes and all...roms install, some better than others...but on neither can I use phone or camera...and in 12 hours I am going to be halfway across the ocean

if anyone who knows of a similar situation, and has an idea for a rom that I can use while currently on MF9 bootloader, but NAE modem...pls help

thanks
22nd July 2014, 10:50 AM   |  #2  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 36

82 posts
More
Youll have a wayyyy easier time just Odining a full NAE tar..
22nd July 2014, 03:16 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag White Plains

79 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisflaque

Youll have a wayyyy easier time just Odining a full NAE tar..

okay...but my firmware and radio both say nae...whats a full nae tar gonna change?
22nd July 2014, 03:28 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 61

441 posts
That's the current version of the official ROM.
22nd July 2014, 03:32 PM   |  #5  
Flag Seattle

82 posts
More
Sorry i meant MF9. Since your on MF9 bootloader than you should be able to flash the MF9 tar right? This way your at least back to a normally functioning firmware. Then just flash your favorite rom. I'm not sure about your specific situation. Its a little hectic. Lol but this would be my best guess and probably correct. Lol this way you'll at least have a funtioning device.. right?
22nd July 2014, 03:40 PM   |  #6  
OP Member
Flag White Plains

79 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisflaque

Sorry i meant MF9. Since your on MF9 bootloader than you should be able to flash the MF9 tar right? This way your at least back to a normally functioning firmware. Then just flash your favorite rom. I'm not sure about your specific situation. Its a little hectic. Lol but this would be my best guess and probably correct. Lol this way you'll at least have a funtioning device.. right?

true...so odin flash an mf9, like i was originally on, then find another rom thats working on mf9? suggestions? i loved sacs and negalite, but i believe ive got to be nae for those....
22nd July 2014, 03:43 PM   |  #7  
Flag Seattle

82 posts
More
Im sure thats not a problem. NAE is simply the baseband/bootloader. This is not affected by rom.
22nd July 2014, 06:10 PM   |  #8  
Flag Southern California
Thanks Meter: 2,701

8,398 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickyD76

true...so odin flash an mf9, like i was originally on, then find another rom thats working on mf9? suggestions? i loved sacs and negalite, but i believe ive got to be nae for those....

You could try and flash stick rooted nae ROM and if that works for you then dirty flash nega or sacs.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread