Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,858 Members 36,719 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Last ditch attempt at help

Tip us?

TrickyD76
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Question Last ditch attempt at help

Is there a single ROM out there for someone who went from MDL(I am pretty sure), who then ODIN'd MF9 way back last year...who then ODIN'd NAE MODEM ONLY, and is able to use their phone or camera, on ANY ROM whatsoever?

ive tried Negalite and SACS...using philz and twrp respectively, full wipes and all...roms install, some better than others...but on neither can I use phone or camera...and in 12 hours I am going to be halfway across the ocean

if anyone who knows of a similar situation, and has an idea for a rom that I can use while currently on MF9 bootloader, but NAE modem...pls help

thanks
Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4
Sacsv6
TWRP 2.5.0.2
Goodness

Daisflaque
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Youll have a wayyyy easier time just Odining a full NAE tar..

TrickyD76
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisflaque View Post
Youll have a wayyyy easier time just Odining a full NAE tar..
okay...but my firmware and radio both say nae...whats a full nae tar gonna change?
Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4
Sacsv6
TWRP 2.5.0.2
Goodness

Beezer80
Old
Thanks Meter 61
That's the current version of the official ROM.

Daisflaque
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Sorry i meant MF9. Since your on MF9 bootloader than you should be able to flash the MF9 tar right? This way your at least back to a normally functioning firmware. Then just flash your favorite rom. I'm not sure about your specific situation. Its a little hectic. Lol but this would be my best guess and probably correct. Lol this way you'll at least have a funtioning device.. right?

TrickyD76
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisflaque View Post
Sorry i meant MF9. Since your on MF9 bootloader than you should be able to flash the MF9 tar right? This way your at least back to a normally functioning firmware. Then just flash your favorite rom. I'm not sure about your specific situation. Its a little hectic. Lol but this would be my best guess and probably correct. Lol this way you'll at least have a funtioning device.. right?
true...so odin flash an mf9, like i was originally on, then find another rom thats working on mf9? suggestions? i loved sacs and negalite, but i believe ive got to be nae for those....
Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4
Sacsv6
TWRP 2.5.0.2
Goodness

Daisflaque
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Im sure thats not a problem. NAE is simply the baseband/bootloader. This is not affected by rom.

daniel4653
Old
Thanks Meter 2,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickyD76 View Post
true...so odin flash an mf9, like i was originally on, then find another rom thats working on mf9? suggestions? i loved sacs and negalite, but i believe ive got to be nae for those....
You could try and flash stick rooted nae ROM and if that works for you then dirty flash nega or sacs.

Team Kernelizers: Making the best out of your phone