Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,892 Members 43,522 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Possible hardware problem. Returning phone, but.....

Tip us?

luisds87
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question [Q] Possible hardware problem. Returning phone, but.....

I was running NAE on Wonderlite's ROM. Had both NAE build and firmware but on the MF9 bootloader. My battery keeps draining and the phone gets hot and sometimes restarts on its on. I also see a redlight (where the notification light is located) and it dims slowly and doesn't do anything and I am forced to restart the phone.

This is not all though. I have tried several ROMS and the issue still persists. I came from MF9 and now I am back at it and it still happens. The battery life sucks, and I have two of them.

could it be hardware malfunction? I explained to best buy and they said to bring it in.

Here is where I need help...

I download triangle away and seen that my flash counter is at 4, even with the MF9 bootloader. I tried to reset the counter and it stays at one. I can only check the counter when I root the phone and use the App. I cant seem to find it in download mode.

I am back on MF9 official firmware, rom, etc. Not sure what kernel is stock but it a came inclusive.

Also when I go into recovery it shows the android with a red exclamation mark and says "no command'. Is this normal?

I think they will see the flash counter but theres no way to check the counter without rooting and using the app?

Please help.

Papichulo06
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Run odin to get everything to stock. See if the problem still persists. If everything seems good, try to root and reinstall your favorite rom. If the problem is still happening on stock then it might be a hardware problem. Try replacing your battery. Do you have insurance? How old is your phone?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Phone:
LG G3 - STOCK

Tablet:
Asus Transformer Prime (TF201)
(non-working. it just wouldn't turn on one day.)

Previous Phones:
BlackBerry Pearl
Sidekick LX
BlackBerry Curve
HTC G1
HTC MyTouch
HTC Nexus One
HTC Evo 4g
HTC Evo 3D
Motorola Photon 4g
HTC Evo 4G LTE
Samsung Galaxy S4
LG G3

luisds87
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papichulo06 View Post
Run odin to get everything to stock. See if the problem still persists. If everything seems good, try to root and reinstall your favorite rom. If the problem is still happening on stock then it might be a hardware problem. Try replacing your battery. Do you have insurance? How old is your phone?

I tried all of the above. New battery and everything. I bought the phone in April of 2013. Its a little over a year. I do have insurance, but the flash counter stays at one. Not sure how to check it without rooting it. I flashed a stock rom running MF9.

Papichulo06
Old
Thanks Meter 28
I don't think the flash counter really matters to the techs at the sprint store. At least locally, the techs here all have their phones rooted and modded. I have to go today so I'll ask them a question about your phone and I'll get back to you.

Phone:
LG G3 - STOCK

Tablet:
Asus Transformer Prime (TF201)
(non-working. it just wouldn't turn on one day.)

Previous Phones:
BlackBerry Pearl
Sidekick LX
BlackBerry Curve
HTC G1
HTC MyTouch
HTC Nexus One
HTC Evo 4g
HTC Evo 3D
Motorola Photon 4g
HTC Evo 4G LTE
Samsung Galaxy S4
LG G3

luisds87
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papichulo06 View Post
I don't think the flash counter really matters to the techs at the sprint store. At least locally, the techs here all have their phones rooted and modded. I have to go today so I'll ask them a question about your phone and I'll get back to you.

I bought it from Best Buy. So they might be anal about it. Not sure but I'm going tomorrow. I only rooted because I thought it would solve the problem but it didn't.