[Q] [Help] Phone only boots into download mode no PC recognition

OP dmcage1

18th July 2014, 03:46 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
OK, I will try and recap everything that I've done to the phone in he past couple of days. The short is my phone will not go into recovery mode or boot up. When I try, I get a black screen and the LED is a solid blue (blue light of death (LoD))? Anyway, I can boot into download mode just fine which would lead me to just Odin back to stock and start from scratch, HOWEVER, I have tried 3 PC's and the original USB cable straight out of the box (never used) for my Tab 3 and S4. I have tried several other cables as well. Here's the sequence:

- I was on TriForceROM 5.4 MK2
- Flashed Unknonfofce's NAE Modem via Odin
- Flashed Negalite NAE 4.4.2
- Found out I had no phone
- Flashed SlimKat and still had no phone so flashed back to MK2 Modem via Odin
- Phone worked fine and wanted to go back to TW so back to Negalite
- Phone worked fine except USB storage would not work and PC wouldn't recognize it (no MTP no nothing, not even the 3 button menu in About Phone>Storage)
- Flashed stock MK2 Rom from Unknownforce, still no USB and no PC recognition and Modem and Baseband were gone
- Flashed MK2 Modem through Mobile Odin and it booted to download mode
- I held the power button for 10 seconds after it sat for a while and here I am

All installs were clean wipes through CWM 6.0.4.4. I updated all the drivers on every computer to the latest from Samsung's website from 6/24/2014. I tried the battery pull trick. While my phone was on my Qualcomm and it was set to MTP. I am at a loss. Is there a fix to get my PC to read my phone in download mode? Then I can flash stock. No recovery, no bootup, just download mode and can't be recognized by PC. I've searched for 2 days on many forums and no help. Help?!
22nd July 2014, 02:50 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcage1

OK, I will try and recap everything that I've done to the phone in he past couple of days. The short is my phone will not go into recovery mode or boot up. When I try, I get a black screen and the LED is a solid blue (blue light of death (LoD))? Anyway, I can boot into download mode just fine which would lead me to just Odin back to stock and start from scratch, HOWEVER, I have tried 3 PC's and the original USB cable straight out of the box (never used) for my Tab 3 and S4. I have tried several other cables as well. Here's the sequence:

- I was on TriForceROM 5.4 MK2
- Flashed Unknonfofce's NAE Modem via Odin
- Flashed Negalite NAE 4.4.2
- Found out I had no phone
- Flashed SlimKat and still had no phone so flashed back to MK2 Modem via Odin
- Phone worked fine and wanted to go back to TW so back to Negalite
- Phone worked fine except USB storage would not work and PC wouldn't recognize it (no MTP no nothing, not even the 3 button menu in About Phone>Storage)
- Flashed stock MK2 Rom from Unknownforce, still no USB and no PC recognition and Modem and Baseband were gone
- Flashed MK2 Modem through Mobile Odin and it booted to download mode
- I held the power button for 10 seconds after it sat for a while and here I am

All installs were clean wipes through CWM 6.0.4.4. I updated all the drivers on every computer to the latest from Samsung's website from 6/24/2014. I tried the battery pull trick. While my phone was on my Qualcomm and it was set to MTP. I am at a loss. Is there a fix to get my PC to read my phone in download mode? Then I can flash stock. No recovery, no bootup, just download mode and can't be recognized by PC. I've searched for 2 days on many forums and no help. Help?!

Bump???
The Following User Says Thank You to dmcage1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd July 2014, 03:59 AM   |  #3  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 36

82 posts
More
We need your exact model number. (Found under battery) ie. L720 or L720t. If its the t varient than thats your problem. Youve been flashing regular 720 firmware. Need more information to help. The last android version you've updated to would help too. And i mean stock updates. Ie. Did you root/rom directly after buying no updates? If its new (2014) then it should be 4.4.2..
23rd July 2014, 02:01 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisflaque

We need your exact model number. (Found under battery) ie. L720 or L720t. If its the t varient than thats your problem. Youve been flashing regular 720 firmware. Need more information to help. The last android version you've updated to would help too. And i mean stock updates. Ie. Did you root/rom directly after buying no updates? If its new (2014) then it should be 4.4.2..

Sorry, I have an L720 (Bought last July) and rooted it the first day that I got it. Let me know if you need anything else. Thanks for the help.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cwm, download, nae, odin, recovery
Previous Thread Next Thread