Exclamation [Q] Bricked NG2

OP cconrad12

25th August 2014, 09:27 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Obviously, I'm a noob.

I have the L720VPUFNG2.

Can someone please tell me which stock ROM to download and possibly provide a link? I rooted and while doing the hotspot tweak changed the services files. I made a backup of both, seems kind of useless when it bricked to the sprint splash and I cannot access them to switch to the original files. I wasn't sure what version of the services files to get and must have gotten the wrong ones.

Help would be greatly appreciated.
25th August 2014, 02:25 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 57

181 posts
More
You need to post more information. Can you boot into recovery? If not, have you tried to boot into download mode? If you can get into recovery, mount your usb in recovery, flash a nandroid (backup) to get your phone working again. If you do not have a backup, connect your phone to your computer, mount your usb in recovery and trasnfer a rom to your phone and flash it.

If you cannot get into recovery, I would download Odin and the NG2 tar file. Boot into download mode and Odin the tar file to get back to stock. I want to say I have seen a few experimental tar files on here. This is what I would do, no guarantees.

I do not mean to kick you while you are down but if you do not know what you are doing, don't do it. You have to read read read and read some more before you do any of this.
25th August 2014, 03:51 PM   |  #3  
Flag Knoxville
Thanks Meter: 589

1,632 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cconrad12

Obviously, I'm a noob.

I have the L720VPUFNG2.

Can someone please tell me which stock ROM to download and possibly provide a link? I rooted and while doing the hotspot tweak changed the services files. I made a backup of both, seems kind of useless when it bricked to the sprint splash and I cannot access them to switch to the original files. I wasn't sure what version of the services files to get and must have gotten the wrong ones.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

You should have made a nandroid backup of the newly installed NG2 rom....if you did, just boot to recovery and reflash that nandroid.

If you didn't make a backup, download one of the 2 roms from this post http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...7&postcount=36 made by mxmr and flash through recovery. They are both stock rooted NG2 roms....one odexed and one deodexed.

This is your only options at this point as there is not yet an Odinable NG2 tar file. Only a tar for the NG2 modem.
Last edited by troyboytn; 25th August 2014 at 04:07 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread