How to reverse USB tether?

OP jrose152

31st July 2014, 03:50 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
I am wondering how I can reverse USB tether on my samsung s4 from my laptop? I am looking to do this for the best screensharing(laptop to android) speeds. I see usb tether is an option in the phone settings but I can't figure out how to get this to work and connect to my laptop. I figure by doing this I won't have to worry about lag when I stream my PC to my phone over splashtop. I am on stock rooted NAE 4.2.2.
31st July 2014, 05:06 AM   |  #2  
Flag Sana'a
Thanks Meter: 26

256 posts
Search for app called reverse tethering and install it to your laptop then connect your rooted android phone to the laptop and start the app from your laptop and follow pop up messages on your phone then you can connect to the Internet from your mobile phone.
I used this app before more than year and the app didn't support connecting to Google Play market but i could connect to other Internet resources.
2nd August 2014, 01:30 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 94

560 posts
im not sure about splashtop since i tried it once and didn't like how you needed a client on the desktop. if you're lagging it's most likely the wifi connection. IMO you should be connected using at least wireless N at minimum.

have a look at X2 client. it's completely free, no bloat and does not require a desktop client. it is true RDP. only thing is you won't be able to use windows once you login as you're in total control over the pc remotely.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...com.tux.client
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread