No registration required

[Q] NG2 Update, Camera App & Hotspot Mod

OP adx716

1st September 2014, 04:39 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

17 posts
More
Hello, Im on stock rooted NAE. Two days ago I received the NG2 update via OTA. I thought this was weird because youre not supposed to get updates via OTA if you are rooted. Anyway, today I tried to install the update and I got an error during the installation. My phone got restarted and Im apparently still rooted.
So I have a couple questions...
1) Why did I get the OTA update if Im rooted?
2) How do you install the NG2 update on a rooted device? I guess you have to run the NG2 tar file via ODIN and then, use the Chainfire root method. Am I right?
3) Does anyone have the mod camera app? I would love to have it.
4) How do I get free hotspot functionality on the NG2 rooted device?

Thank you so much! Any help will be appreciated.
1st September 2014, 05:28 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 208

661 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adx716

Hello, Im on stock rooted NAE. Two days ago I received the NG2 update via OTA. I thought this was weird because youre not supposed to get updates via OTA if you are rooted. Anyway, today I tried to install the update and I got an error during the installation. My phone got restarted and Im apparently still rooted.
2) How do you install the NG2 update on a rooted device? I guess you have to run the NG2 tar file via ODIN and then, use the Chainfire root method. Am I right?

1. If your stock you will always get a firmware update. Unless on another custom rom ex. Aosp.

2. You are correct sir.

4. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2816159

Sent from my SPH-L720
The Following User Says Thank You to ROMANTiC KiD For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st September 2014, 10:37 AM   |  #3  
Flag Sana'a
Thanks Meter: 27

261 posts
I was also NAE rooted and got the OTA NG2 update... I think even rooted devices can downloaded the OTA update... BUT... The rooted or custom ROM or recovery couldn't install this update.
So the update can be downloaded but not installed.

So I pulled the OTA update and returned to the stock status and installed the update normally.
1st September 2014, 04:34 PM   |  #4  
jacksonville, NC
Thanks Meter: 39

123 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adx716

Phone needs to be completely stock before you can run the update. The new plans offer HOTSPOT for free. This will be included in your monthly plan at no extra cost.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread