Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,152 Members 54,672 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

cant find phone help!!!

Tip us?

jprocket45
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 36
Default cant find phone help!!!

my wife was playing with are kids outside and put the phone on the back of the car ( I know not a good idea ) I got in the car drove off and now we cant find her car anywhere I used google maps and it shows the area it is in which I expected it to be but still cannot find it anybody have any ideas on how to get a better location on this without permissions being accepted on the phone the battery is low so I don't have much of a chance but just figured to ask for help ( the phone is not rooted or anything )

r0ckstar
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jprocket45 View Post
my wife was playing with are kids outside and put the phone on the back of the car ( I know not a good idea ) I got in the car drove off and now we cant find her car anywhere I used google maps and it shows the area it is in which I expected it to be but still cannot find it anybody have any ideas on how to get a better location on this without permissions being accepted on the phone the battery is low so I don't have much of a chance but just figured to ask for help ( the phone is not rooted or anything )
jump on your computer and go to google's android device manager and log in with your google account info. If your phone is still alive, it will give you a location on a map, and an option to ring it if you're close by.
The Following User Says Thank You to r0ckstar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jprocket45
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by r0ckstar View Post
jump on your computer and go to google's android device manager and log in with your google account info. If your phone is still alive, it will give you a location on a map, and an option to ring it if you're close by.
Yep I was so tired last night I would of put we found it lol thank you though for the response it's exactly what I did I used the ring option as well little too say it went across 4 lanes of traffic landed in a Bush all I can say is thank you Google thank you otterbox that phone should of been in pieces but ended up having a mark on the case that's about it lol thank you for the response though.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Premium HD app