Phone loosing charge will connected to an external battery

OP vilasman

3rd September 2014, 05:33 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

113 posts
I have noticed that I can start with my phone fully charged....get to work...facebook, text and mayb..e YouTube some, connect
To an external battery charger and then be on and off the phone all day maybe 15 mins per hour using the phone not
Connected to charger and then 45 mins on the charger and the phone never gets fully recharged.
It will rise in fall by maybe 20-30%
So if I let it get down to 50% use it it will go down to maybe 30-20% then let it charge it may come back to 50% and it does that
For the rest of the day. Even if I leave on charge for maybe an hour it won't get past 50-60%.
I tried just leaving it on a charger while listening to pandora.... at best it looses charge very slowly. Maybe 5-10= an hour.
I started off today fully charged and have maybe had it off an external battery for 30 mins during the last 3.5hrs and it is down to
77 or 75%. Is this normal? Yes there are a lot of notifications and such running non my phone.
4th September 2014, 08:08 PM   |  #2  
Flag Memphis, TN
Thanks Meter: 589

1,865 posts
More
This is very common place if you are not using the Samsung cable & Samsung charger. Generic chargers and cables don't always deliver the full current to the phone. Some will only pass about .5amps which is not enough to charge and have the screen active. There is a thread in the General Section called car chargers that has a lot of info on this.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread