[Q&A] [ROM]【5.0】Google Play Edition 【LRX219】 - 12-24-201

Search This thread

SuperMeip

Jun 7, 2015

cajunlibra

Jul 17, 2012
This might not be for you then. There are instructions on the process all over the place. Flashing is the term used for installing a ROM.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Free mobile app

SuperMeip

Jun 7, 2015
This might not be for you then. There are instructions on the process all over the place. Flashing is the term used for installing a ROM.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Free mobile app

So i need to unnstall this one, reinstall my old one use the gps on that then install this rom again? cause they all say i have to flash back to my stock to get a fix, that's the part i don't get.

cajunlibra

Jul 17, 2012
More or less. you don't uninstall though. When you flash, it overwrites the previous installation. It worked for me. In TWRP, you can wipe the cache. I did it multiple times to clear everything out.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using XDA Free mobile app

8616v

Jan 6, 2011
Has anyone seen decreased battery performance with OD2? Updated firmware a while back and stand by time is down a bunch.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

northernheat

Jul 6, 2015

Hi.

I've downloaded the latest update multiple times (JFLTE-GPE-20150702), but the MD5 test fails each time, what should I do?

Thanks.

dj99

Nov 10, 2012
Moto X4
I was also having trouble with data not working until I installed the latest July 2 update. Now all the data works again.

willyfink

May 15, 2015
OD2 Prelim Results

Flashed 7/2 build yesterday with no issues whatsoever (clean install: factory reset, wipe all partitions except ext. SD card). To be safe and ensure PRLs, GPS, etc. up to date, I installed stock rooted 5.0 (with OD2 modem found here: http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s4-sprint/general/rom-100-stock-l720vod2-5-0-1-t3105760) first (how horrible is TW, I now remember), updated profile & PRLs and obtained GPS lock before using TWRP to flash 7/2 build. Didn't install gapps, first powered up, let the ROM settle in for 5 minutes (overlay cautious, I'm sure). Powered down, flashed OpenGapps 5.0 ARM Nexus gapps with no problem. First two hours I was concerned as device was hot and battery draining very quickly (~20% in 2 hours) (syncing google photos, I think was the culprit). After that, it settled in and battery drain appeared to fall to <~2% / hour with occasional usage--on a 23 month old battery. Will continue to monitor but I think that I finally have a winner after many ROMs--CM 12.1 (bluetooth share FC and camera issues), AntaresOne (same as based on CM 12.1), CM 12.0 (same).

Bluetooth, GPS, mobile data, wifi, make/recieve calls, camera (front and back) all work flawlessly. Only thing that I miss (maybe I just haven't found it) is ability to modify the notification window tiles--add new ones, reduce size of first two tiles, etc. That's a nice CM12 feature but many playstore apps provide a work around.

Thanks for your hard work! Will report any changes and definitely will donate later this week once I confirm that we have a real winner here.

Last edited:

adx716

Dec 8, 2013
Issues with WiFi

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can help me here. I installed this ROM like a month ago, I loved it and everything was working fine...until the last couple days. Wifi keeps dropping everytime my screen is off and I don't understand why. Also yesteday the phone just turned off by itself, which I found pretty weird.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

RR11

May 22, 2015
gps is working at all?

gps is not work
gps is working at all?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Screen turns off during call, won't turn back on

This is the first rom I've installed in a while and this is also the first rom installed after rooting.

I am using the SPH-L720 on NG2
    After flashed this rom and the sprint framework, whenever I make a call the screen shuts off, like it's supposed to.
    My problem is that the screen won't turn back on.
    Power button, home button, tapping the screen, nothing seems to work.

Am I the only one with this issue?

Is there a fix out there for this or should I just try and reflash?
    It rocks

Best rom i've tried in a while. Battery lasts about 2 days for me, great performance, no glitches found so far.
    Little question, under Developer options, I can't seem to find the advanced reboot options menu. I know there is one under interface > Reboot options, but that one reboots right away and I want it on the menu while clicking the power buttom.

Thank you developers for this awesome rom.
    Proximity Sensor

Nevermind, it was a problem with my proximity sensor. I edited build.prop to disable it and it works now.

This is the first rom I've installed in a while and this is also the first rom installed after rooting.

I am using the SPH-L720 on NG2
    After flashed this rom and the sprint framework, whenever I make a call the screen shuts off, like it's supposed to.
    My problem is that the screen won't turn back on.
    Power button, home button, tapping the screen, nothing seems to work.

Am I the only one with this issue?

Is there a fix out there for this or should I just try and reflash?
    Pretty much everything working fine here. I love the ROM. My only issues are the following:

I had to turn on LTE in the settings and reboot the phone before it would connect to LTE, but it does fine now.

I'm also getting the NO SIM CARD on lock screen issue as someone else reported, but LTE wouldn't work at all if it really had no SIM card.

The other more major issue I have is that I can't mount folders to the storage/emulated/0/Android/obb folder. A lot of games keep huge files in that folder, so I like to keep those files on my SD card and link them to that folder. I couldn't use FolderMount or create symbolic links just to that obb folder,while other folders link just fine. I tried a lot of different things, but nothing lets me link/mount properly inside this ROM's obb folder. Reading through the FolderMount support thread, I found this: h**p://www.devasque.com/foldermount/kk-support.html They said to have my kernel dev (or ROM cooker) look there, and I believe that is now you :)

Thanks for putting this all together! Still a great DD even without mounting to the obb folder.
    Make sure you have this one ticked for the NO SIM CARD issue
    5ba19ee4e70e765707d281a1485a8911.jpg

Then you'll see this
    09874314de2c7757b53b8128d47249d2.jpg
    Installed your firmware on S4 L720 ,but the problem with CDMA Internet.....there is no check mark to activate the Internet,only for GSM apn....I have a dual-band phone ,couldn't you do that worked CDMA Internet.....I liked the performance and ease of firmware....
    If you aren't seeing these then you need to re-download and reflash

7f49380ae418a81280e17b571de9d8ba.jpg
    c991dcdba61d3fb1c960c1b9b38fc3dd.jpg