Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara: Modified Android L and Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and software enthusiasts. The … more

sph-l720 after rooting no sound on phone

13th August 2014, 03:32 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
I did my first rooting blah, blah, blah and it was a success on the exception I have no sound now. everything works fine except I can't call anyone and or listen to music. I did tons of research on this before posting this, but I still didn't get my problem resolved which in turn forced me to pester ya'll. I found a thread of others having this problem and tried a fix about trying to install a different modem with odin and it keeps failing.

I installed the MJA upgrade (how to root sph-l720) I saw on youtube. after the rooting etc.. is when I lost sound. everything else worked (data) (wifi) (texting) (googleplay) etc......

I could only find one other modem to try, but like I said it failed to install.

after 3 days of browsing and getting things done by myself, I'm burned out and could really use help on this. I'm very new to this phone thing so please, if there is a way to fix this, be as detailed as possible.

I didn't have time to read forum rules so I didn't post any links cause I was not sure if I was allowed to. If I am and ya'll would like me to post where I learned the rooting and a so called fix to my problem. I can do that. just let me know.

Thanks!

this is the exact name of the youtube video i watched and all the root/rom/recovery etc.... that i used to do the rooting.

(How to Install Android 4.3 Custom ROM on Sprint Galaxy S4!) <---------type this on youtube.
13th August 2014, 03:56 AM   |  #2  
Flag The Nati
Thanks Meter: 299

643 posts
More
Check your versions in the about phone screen. Sounds like you have a mismatch between your modem/baseband and your bootloader. Everything should say MJA, MK2, NAE, or NG2. If mismatched, Odin the appropriate modem and all should be well.
The Following User Says Thank You to frostedunit For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th August 2014, 04:12 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostedunit

Check your versions in the about phone screen. Sounds like you have a mismatch between your modem/baseband and your bootloader. Everything should say MJA, MK2, NAE, or NG2. If mismatched, Odin the appropriate modem and all should be well.

the things that match are....

software version (mja)
baseband version (mja)
build number (mja)

nothing else does has mja behind it.

Thanks
13th August 2014, 10:52 AM   |  #4  
Flag The Nati

643 posts
More
Looks like you're going to have to Odin a stock .tar and see if that fixes it. Then reroot with CF Autoroot or Towelroot. They are more reliable methods than the one you used.
The Following User Says Thank You to frostedunit For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th August 2014, 01:22 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
Quote:

Looks like you're going to have to Odin a stock .tar and see if that fixes it. Then reroot with CF Autoroot or Towelroot. They are more reliable methods than the one you used.

lovely!

I don't suppose you could list some links to these files and a step by step guide could you? All I did was follow a video. this is all jibberish to me
13th August 2014, 01:32 PM   |  #6  
Flag The Nati

643 posts
More
Use the search feature. You'll be able to find everything you need.
13th August 2014, 02:08 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
Quote:

How do I know what firmware was the original for my phone? I found some firmwares, but I don't know if it was 4.3, 4.2.2 etc...
13th August 2014, 02:22 PM   |  #8  
Flag The Nati

643 posts
More
Doesn't matter.

NG2 is the newest, but any of them will work with Odin.
13th August 2014, 07:33 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
Quote:

I'm having a hard time finding files and tutorials. either a link is broke or when I find a file it has more than 1 file in it and I'm not sure which one to use in the pda or when I do find a single file I do exactly what the tutorial says to do than I get fails. I'm getting frustrated and all I'm doing is going in circles.

I could use a little more help than a reply like "use the search feature"
Last edited by Corsair1227; 13th August 2014 at 07:55 PM. Reason: felt like it

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread