FORUMS

Make Your Network Smart – XDA Xposed Tuesday

We rave about the features and abilities of our smartphones. However, in order for … more

Dr.Ketan Brings The S6 Theme Store To The Note 4

Dr.Ketan has submitted a video to the forums showing a functional port of the Galaxy S6 … more

Do You Have Insurance on Your Smartphone?

While affordable smartphones are becoming more available, the majority of high-end flagships … more

Apple Music Will Increase iTunes Match to 100,000 Songs

The battle for music streaming subscription dominance is starting to really heat … more

[Q] The term (bricked phone) what does it mean?

279 posts
Thanks Meter: 27
 
By anees02, Senior Member on 1st September 2014, 09:49 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I noticed a lot of posts warn that you may brick your device.
So what they mean?
Your device will not boot?
Your device will not receive the carrier signal?
I want to know more about this term.

I ask this because i have US Cellular Galaxy S4 and i can boot normally to android but i don't receive the carrier signal even after i flash the stock tar file but no way to make the carrier signal come back.
Last edited by anees02; 1st September 2014 at 09:59 AM.
 
 
1st September 2014, 02:40 PM |#2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anees02

I noticed a lot of posts warn that you may brick your device.
So what they mean?
Your device will not boot?
Your device will not receive the carrier signal?
I want to know more about this term.

I ask this because i have US Cellular Galaxy S4 and i can boot normally to android but i don't receive the carrier signal even after i flash the stock tar file but no way to make the carrier signal come back.

"Bricked" is kind of a broad term. It usually means your phone won't boot at all. How are you flashing the stock tar? What happened with the phone right before it stopped getting signal?
1st September 2014, 03:15 PM |#3  
BIGSAMDA1ST's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Brooklyn,Ny..
Thanks Meter: 285
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anees02

I noticed a lot of posts warn that you may brick your device.
So what they mean?
Your device will not boot?
Your device will not receive the carrier signal?
I want to know more about this term.

I ask this because i have US Cellular Galaxy S4 and i can boot normally to android but i don't receive the carrier signal even after i flash the stock tar file but no way to make the carrier signal come back.

A*bricked phone means*one thing:*your phone won't turn on in any way, shape or form, and there's nothing you can*do*to fix it. It is, for all intents and purposes, as useful as a*brick. A phone*stuck in a boot loop is not*bricked, nor is a phone*that boots straight into recovery mode.
1st September 2014, 05:25 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sana'a
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhisl

"Bricked" is kind of a broad term. It usually means your phone won't boot at all. How are you flashing the stock tar? What happened with the phone right before it stopped getting signal?

Thank you for your reply.
Before i can got carrier signal normally but after i entered to service mode ##0011#...and tried to make it receive GSM signal after that it rebooted and there is no CDMA signal.
1st September 2014, 06:04 PM |#5  
ROMANTiC KiD's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 227
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anees02

Thank you for your reply.
Before i can got carrier signal normally but after i entered to service mode ##0011#...and tried to make it receive GSM signal after that it rebooted and there is no CDMA signal.

I'm pretty sure that is because us cellular is cmda not gsm. Have you tried reverting back what you did?

Sent from my SPH-L720
1st September 2014, 08:44 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sana'a
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROMANTiC KiD

I'm pretty sure that is because us cellular is cmda not gsm. Have you tried reverting back what you did?

Sent from my SPH-L720

In fact that my friend is gave me the phone and told me his story and he wanted to convert it to GSM receiver... But didn't know what he did in service mode.
And he couldn't revert back.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes