Post Reply

[Q] Phone reception/broadcast on CM and ASOP roms

OP SBZ123

31st July 2014, 07:29 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2009
I have tried many times now to use CM or ASOP roms and their like and I find that I consistently have the same problem: no phone calls in (I would boot the rom and then call my cell from my house), can't hang up after a phone call and lousy GPS.
I don't have these problems when using a stock (Touch Wiz) based ROM.
Why is this?
Clearly it's a software issue, what could possibly be missing in the various roms that would make this happen?
31st July 2014, 03:21 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 31
 
171 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBZ123

I have tried many times now to use CM or ASOP roms and their like and I find that I consistently have the same problem: no phone calls in (I would boot the rom and then call my cell from my house), can't hang up after a phone call and lousy GPS.
I don't have these problems when using a stock (Touch Wiz) based ROM.
Why is this?
Clearly it's a software issue, what could possibly be missing in the various roms that would make this happen?

I dont have any issues like that. What firmware are you running? And are u on updated prl profile etc...? Ive only run asop on my gs4 never tw
3rd August 2014, 09:59 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2009
Red face
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryguy9021

I dont have any issues like that. What firmware are you running? And are u on updated prl profile etc...? Ive only run asop on my gs4 never tw

Software version L720VPUFNAE
Hardware version L720 08
I'm running team acheron's super s4 right now and I therefore cannot update the prl or profile,
I'm international right now (in Israel) and I therefore used the radio unlock method from the forum here to unlock to phone for GSM and UMTS usage.
24th August 2014, 09:52 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBZ123

Software version L720VPUFNAE
Hardware version L720 08
I'm running team acheron's super s4 right now and I therefore cannot update the prl or profile,
I'm international right now (in Israel) and I therefore used the radio unlock method from the forum here to unlock to phone for GSM and UMTS usage.

Has anyone experienced this problem and has suggestions as to how to fix it?

Thanks
24th August 2014, 02:21 PM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 48
 
152 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
I flash a LOT of roms. Sometimes two or three a day. (I am going to meetings but I will always be a flashaholic.) I am almost constantly on AOSP because I do not like how clunky TW feels and there are about three or four things an AOSP rom does easily that you cannot do easily or at all on TW. I have had all of the problems you mentioned at one time or another but never all at once. When I first bought my SG4 and started flashing roms the GPS was a big issue but that problem is pretty much nonexistent now. The same with the inability to make a call. I have not seen that in awhile. I recently flashed a rom that I thought was running perfectly until I made a phone call and could not get the phone to hang up. I had to reboot to get the phone to disconnect. That was the first and only rom I have had that problem with. I think I reinstalled it a few days later after it had been updated and it worked fine.

Other things I have noticed is that Google's voice recongition does not work as well on AOSP roms and there can sometimes be a problem with MMS.

I say all of this to say that first, these roms are in development. They are not perfect. They sometimes have problems. If a rom has a glitch you cannot live with, go to a different rom.

Next, you have to follow the installation instructions to the letter. If it says to stand on one foot while installing the rom do it. I have seen some roms that have really weird install instruction but if you do not do it, the rom is not going to work. Acheron's Super S4 has you use specific recoveries and reboot into recovery. That is a little odd.

Next, if you feel you are constantly having these problems with all AOSP roms, which is odd, try flashing a stable version. CM has milestones. I know Liquid Smooth has an official 3.1 that is supposed to be very stable. See if you have these problems are more stable versions and instead of nightlys.

Next, I have seen people on the exact same model phone and carrier have greatly different experience with a rom. Individual phones seems to have their own quirks you have to learn. I believe most of this type of issue though is user error and you just don't realize you are doing something wrong.

Finally, the one thing I know nothing about is unlocking your phone for the international version. I wonder if that has anything to do with your problems.

Good luck and don't give up!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes