Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,957 Members 54,991 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Unrooting, CWM, OTA NG2

Tip us?

crios42
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] Unrooting, CWM, OTA NG2

Mulitpart question. I have a L720, rooted. I wanted to install Philz and the OTA update. Here is my question. Can I install Philz (and then backup), unroot, install the OTA and then root again? Will Philz affect the OTA install or unrooting, etc? I haven't seen any questions that specifically address these series of steps.
Thanks

anees02
Old
Thanks Meter 26
You have complicated questions so i don't understand you... But you may want to unroot and take NG2 update.
You have to be official in your Android and your recovery then after that you can take the NG2.
I flashed the stock NAE tar file 2 times until all became official then i could take NG2.

crios42
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by anees02 View Post
You have complicated questions so i don't understand you... But you may want to unroot and take NG2 update.
You have to be official in your Android and your recovery then after that you can take the NG2.
I flashed the stock NAE tar file 2 times until all became official then i could take NG2.
I was trying to figure out how to backup my phone before unrooting and installing the OTA. I ended up backing up using Titanium Backup. I'll try unrooting and then installing. Thanks
Tags
cwm, l720, sprint, unrooot