Originally Posted by kinextions
Just this past week I got a system update for my GS4......if I'm rooted and have a ROM from negalite should I ignore this update? How can I delete it.
Would it help the phone or hurt it????
Try using a root explorer and go into your device and change your otacerts.zip to otacerts.bak, this file is found in the device etc security. This tricks the update into thinking you have the latest and it wont update.
Here is a step by step guide (please give props to @chzeckmate
1. First be sure you have superuser access (root access). You can use a root checker like this one to be sure
2. Download and install ES File explorer. You can get that here...
3. Open ES File explorer and grant root permission. Go into settings and set your preferences
4. Tap your device menu
5. Tap Tools
6. Tap root explorer.
7. The root explorer menu will pop up and you'll tap Mount R/W
8. Fill in all the bubbles for RW and tap OK
9. Navigate to the root of your device (At the Top you'll see the root directory is listed as "Device" or "/")
10. Tap the File named "etc"
11. Tap the File named "security"
12. Long press on the otacerts.zip until the check box appears and put a check in it.
13. Tap more
14. Tap properties
15. Place check marks in the read and write boxes and Tap ok
16. Tap rename (on the bottom action bar)
17. Rename the otacerts.zip file to otacerts.bak and tap ok
18. Tap refresh (bottom action bar)
19. Pull down the notification curtain and accept the update. *Some devices reboot here. (if the notice isn't in your notification bar just go on to the next step)
20. On your homescreen open your device menu and Tap system settings.
21. Scroll to and select System update.
22. Tap Update firmware.