(APP) GalaxyTools v3.0.8: HOTSPOT, hidden menus, +stuff

OP idone

23rd August 2014, 04:28 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 487

582 posts
Donate to Me
Root required*
Official ROM required* (some stock based roms are compatible though)

One click HOTSPOT!!!
Supported Sprint Galaxy models: EVERY ONE OF THEM!! Android L too!

Get it here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/note...menus-t2816159

IF YOU HAVE ANOTHER CARRIER PLEASE MSG ME TO ADD SUPPORT!

It will backup your original telephony.db to root of sdcard, (option to restore backup or hfa restore option too)
Other menus added cause why not.

If changing sales code or mps code it will not take effect untill a reboot. Factory mode and keystr changes are instant. On note 3 factory mode won't persist through reboot.. On nc5 it won't even persist if you delete it (its recreated and set to on upon reboot. keystr can and will persist through reboot. These options are safe to play with.

(Please note Sprint Hotspot is incompatible with airave device)
Enjoy guys and girls.

*****Donators*****
So many thanks to you, a nice cold beer really helps motivate me! Cheers to you!! You totally $#@!&* ROCK!!
@KevKan, @toenail_flicker, @JonSCSL, @ssuraj83, @hockeyfan24, @kebsr, @midmofan, @eoniverse

Thanks to those who have donated It's because of you development continues!

***2/22/15***
Hotspot compatibility with boost added. GT.ini changed now button and command need to be seperated by ,gtbutton, "click *EDIT GT.ini* press restore golden backup and restart GalaxyTools" or manually fix your custom ini.
Some other small changes.
***2/11/15***
Fixed hotspot enable on android L, other changes.... **[NOTE]: changing build type on my phone enables more verbose output, that said I'm using the NAB engineering bootloader and haven't tested it on a stock bootloader, I'll remove this note once I've tested it out on more devics[/NOTE]
***1/17/15***
Missed a check to see if /GalaxyTools folder on internal storage was created, thanks @bgmg
***1/16/15***
GTini added, now you may customize many of the shortcuts in GT, ini file is UTF-8 format, use the built in editor or if editing on PC I recommend Notepad++ I'll get more info on my website tonight most likely with some examples etc.
Each line will be a button(list item actually) and is formatted as such
Code:
button name,process or activity or shell code
then add another line for the next one.
***10/22/14***
added hosts and build.prop editor, added more toggles. Display usb state. Other small changes.
***10/12/14
Hotspot now supports EVERY Sprint Galaxy phone!
***10/6/14***
Add root check and su version check
populate "Force wifi_ap max users: with current max
Add option to "Clear Prefered APN" (Check this when you use "Enable Native Hotspot" if you want to clear the prefered apn setting.) NOTE: On s3 It is fine to just reboot. For note 3 It is required to use "Enable Native Hotspot" one more time after reboot WITHOUT Clear Prefered APN checked and reboot again for the prefered apn to reset itself. (Untested on models other than these as we don't have them on hand to test) Only use this if you seem to not be able to get hotspot working after one or two tries/reboots
Add icons(prep for play store)
***9/32/14***
Enable user to increase wifi_ap users beyond 8
***9/22/14***
Add S5 Sport
fixed IOTHIDDENMENU launching for note3 4.4.4
add bypass model detection for users to try enabling hotspot for more samsung phones
***8/25/14***
Added standard S4
***8/23/14***
Support for S4 triband
***8/17/14****
change sales code and mps code added.
factory mode and keystr toggles added.
next update will have partition backup options.
***8/13/14 again***
Fixed some duplicate toggles
***8/13/14 update***
Added one click toggles, no need to reboot
other minor changes
***7/17/14 update***
added model detection to only support s3 and note3 hotspot untill I have database files from s4 and s5
***7/16/14 update***
Now signed and zipaligned (sorry you will have to uninstall previously debug signed apk)
added option to restore backup
added option to do hfa (will scrtn and run hands free activation) no data/files will be lost this just pulls your network settings from sprint.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-02-22-11-56-59[1].jpg
Views:	26
Size:	159.3 KB
ID:	3178689  
Last edited by idone; 22nd February 2015 at 06:20 PM. Reason: update 2/22/15
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to idone For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread