[Stock/Base] 4.4.4 NK2 Rooted-Deodexed-Knoxless-CIQless

Search This thread

ShinySide

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 30, 2013
IHB

Stock 4.4.4 NK2 Galaxy S4 M919/Jfltetmo
Yes this is T-mobile firmware and yes it has wifi calling.

Stock
Rooted
BusyBox
Knoxless
CIQless
Deodexed
Zip Aligned
ArchiInit'd support
ro.securestorage.support=false
commented out security.mdpp=None
Everything else completely untouched.

DOWNLOAD HERE

Stock NK2 kernel set to permissive

DOWNLOAD HERE

Modem file

DOWNLOAD HERE

Issues

Shouldn't be any.

hella356

Jun 20, 2009
It's been out a few weeks. Like 2 or 3 but yeah
Guess I've been out of the loop. I'm running the previous 4.4.4; can this just be installed in recovery or does this bring in a new bootloader? Have you seen any differences with the new modem?
Thanks for helping keep the development rolling with the S4!

Reactions: DSDONE

ShinySide

Nov 30, 2013
IHB
Guess I've been out of the loop. I'm running the previous 4.4.4; can this just be installed in recovery or does this bring in a new bootloader? Have you seen any differences with the new modem?

If you want the new bootloader and all that flash the full firmware, I have it posted in my firmware thread in general.

Just flash via twrp/cwr/Philz

Dunno. I no longer have the device. Upgraded to the s5 and gave my 4 to my mom

avruma

Oct 5, 2010
I have a sprint s4. I unlocked it domestically using tutorials available in XDA and I'm using my phone on Tmobile now. Is it possible to flash this ROM to get WiFi calling?

mrbackdoor

May 6, 2011
San Diego
Been waiting for deodexed version. Thanks OP

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

Has wifi calling. Will it work for you not being a m919? Dunno 50/50 chance.
Sir
may ask if you have S4 tw 4.4.4 stock systemui with flashlight?
Love you ROM but my eyes failed me. And I can't use SICKs because I detest 3minit framework.
Thanks in advance

tyrone1

Feb 9, 2011
Do we flash the modem file in Odin?

How about the kernel? in TWRP?

So what should be the order.
Flash modem in odin,
then full rom in TWRP then lastly the kernel?

thanks in advance.

ShinySide

Nov 30, 2013
IHB
Do we flash the modem file in Odin?

How about the kernel? in TWRP?

So what should be the order.
Flash modem in odin,
then full rom in TWRP then lastly the kernel?

thanks in advance.

Modems always with odin.

Kernel, twrp

Modem, rom, kernel
Rom kernel modem
Rom modem kernel.

Doesn't really matter. Except rom before kernel.

tyrone1

Feb 9, 2011
Modems always with odin.

Kernel, twrp

Modem, rom, kernel
Rom kernel modem
Rom modem kernel.

Doesn't really matter. Except rom before kernel.

Thanks for your fast reply. I'm having a difficult time getting this to work.
I did the modem, before i even did anything else and verified that the baseband said nk2.
Then i tried installing the rom, and then immediately installing the kernal, then booting into system.
It all seems to work but i can't seem to get wifi to turn on. So i tried wiping all again, and booting into system and same thing.

Any suggestions? I'm trying to flash the system again without the kernel and will see if it works. Can you help explain what the kernel does?
thanks shinyside

Last edited:

ShinySide

Nov 30, 2013
IHB
Thanks for your fast reply. I'm having a difficult time getting this to work.
I did the modem, before i even did anything else and verified that the baseband said nk2.
Then i tried installing the rom, and then immediately installing the kernal, then booting into system.
It all seems to work but i can't seem to get wifi to turn on. So i tried wiping all again, and booting into system and same thing.

Any suggestions? I'm trying to flash the system again without the kernel and will see if it works. Can you help explain what the kernel does?
thanks shinyside

Shouldn't have an issue, least none of the 60 download and runners, have said anything or reported any issues.

What bootloader and such are you on?

Just set to permissive, or should be haha, I don't have my s4 anymore to check. Should say permissive in Settings. Stock kernel is set to enforcing which is a "security" thing that blocks stuff like a lot of root apps or xposed/xposed modules from working properly. It's the stock kernel, just the ramdisk is edited to be permissive.

tyrone1

Feb 9, 2011
Shouldn't have an issue, least none of the 60 download and runners, have said anything or reported any issues.

What bootloader and such are you on?

Just set to permissive, or should be haha, I don't have my s4 anymore to check. Should say permissive in Settings. Stock kernel is set to enforcing which is a "security" thing that blocks stuff like a lot of root apps or xposed/xposed modules from working properly. It's the stock kernel, just the ramdisk is edited to be permissive.

Can't seem to get it to work. So i just restored a old backup i had of your stock NH7 rom and wifi works in there.... so i then proceded to try to flash the new rom over the NH7 version but after it all booted up, wifi not working again :(

For me at least seems that wifi not working in Nk2

mrbackdoor

May 6, 2011
San Diego
Modem using Odin. There is instruction written for nh7. Exact procedure should be used. Reboot to make sure you have the new modem. Then flash rom immediately flash the permissive kennel. If you want you can also flash supersu 2.40 then reboot

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

Flash a different kernel. WiFi will work. Check sickness mod v5. It has few kernels you can use

ShinySide

Nov 30, 2013
IHB
Modem using Odin. There is instruction written for nh7. Exact procedure should be used. Reboot to make sure you have the new modem. Then flash rom immediately flash the permissive kennel. If you want you can also flash supersu 2.40 then reboot

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

Flash a different kernel. WiFi will work. Check sickness mod v5. It has few kernels you can use

Hey if you still want the flashlight send me the secsettings and systemui apks. I already deleted the zip off my pc

serendipityguy

Oct 9, 2010
Sunny, CA
What are the major differences between NH7 / NK2?

Thanks for your continued support and efforts with the Galaxy S4 development.
My question is this, if I may . . .

Was there some new service that Samsung rolled out?

In what way is NK2 better than NH7 ?

Thanks in advance for your reply . . . :good:

mrbackdoor

May 6, 2011
San Diego
Hey if you still want the flashlight send me the secsettings and systemui apks. I already deleted the zip off my pc
Yes I do still want it very much. Can you use the apks from your HispAsian latest release? Love that rom.
Thanks

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

From what I know using both: modem (baseband) and additional support languages.
From what I have experienced, lte reception is a tat better.
I would just flash the modem unless you like stock.

Reactions: serendipityguy

serendipityguy

Oct 9, 2010
Sunny, CA
Yes I do still want it very much. Can you use the apks from your HispAsian latest release? Love that rom.
Thanks

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

Stock is always nice, but I was thinking that there was a new service that was an addition to what was previously released.
Thinking that there was a cross over to Lollipop with a touch-wiz enhancement.
Some new security level or even a Samsung service with data like you mentioned enhancement with LTE. . .

Even though it is Stock, I sure would like to know what was different about this release and why is Samsung pushing this release out.

Hopefully it wont be long before other developers pick this puppy up and tweak the heck of the property build and include the 4 way reboot and such . ...

Stock is always sweet :good:

ShinySide

Nov 30, 2013
IHB
Thanks

You'd have use the settings, framework, system ui, mms, contacts, phone, and all to use the systemui and settings from HispAsian. I modded and themed the living hell out of that rom, and you'd have some major text issues and other ui issues, using its systemui and settings in this base among other issues probably. Have to use the ones from the base and just mod it in

Cant answer any of them. I can't run it as I don't own my s4 anymore. Some one asked if I'd do a nk2 so waalaa haha

Reactions: serendipityguy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Stock 4.4.4 NK2 Galaxy S4 M919/Jfltetmo
    Yes this is T-mobile firmware and yes it has wifi calling.

Stock
    Rooted
    BusyBox
    Knoxless
    CIQless
    Deodexed
    Zip Aligned
    ArchiInit'd support
    ro.securestorage.support=false
    commented out security.mdpp=None
    Everything else completely untouched.

DOWNLOAD HERE

Stock NK2 kernel set to permissive

DOWNLOAD HERE

Modem file

DOWNLOAD HERE

Issues

Shouldn't be any.

Whoa, is this a new official release from Samsung/T-Mobile?

Thanks

Thanks

You'd have use the settings, framework, system ui, mms, contacts, phone, and all to use the systemui and settings from HispAsian. I modded and themed the living hell out of that rom, and you'd have some major text issues and other ui issues, using its systemui and settings in this base among other issues probably. Have to use the ones from the base and just mod it in

Cant answer any of them. I can't run it as I don't own my s4 anymore. Some one asked if I'd do a nk2 so waalaa haha