[Q] com.android.phone has stopped after reverting to stock

OP jtleniger

31st August 2014, 12:46 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hello,

I rooted my M919 and tried a few ROMs to hopefully find one that I liked, but it seems that they all have bugs that make the phone unusable for me. (Flashed a Google Edition rom, the proximity sensor didn't work anymore, so I couldn't end a call, ever).

Now I am trying to flash the stock firmware, and it seemed to have worked, except I get the com.android.phone has stopped, CONSTANTLY. I already have tried clearing data/cache several times, no luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
31st August 2014, 04:18 AM   |  #2  
Flag ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Thanks Meter: 546

1,553 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtleniger

Hello,

I rooted my M919 and tried a few ROMs to hopefully find one that I liked, but it seems that they all have bugs that make the phone unusable for me. (Flashed a Google Edition rom, the proximity sensor didn't work anymore, so I couldn't end a call, ever).

Now I am trying to flash the stock firmware, and it seemed to have worked, except I get the com.android.phone has stopped, CONSTANTLY. I already have tried clearing data/cache several times, no luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Try using a different recovery. I've had that problem before, baseband and IMEI were shown as unknown and com.android.phone would force-close constantly. I don't know why the recovery would cause that, but switching recoveries worked for me.
9th September 2014, 02:42 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 73

1,293 posts
I had this same issue yesterday, very strange that I would see this listed here about the same time. I haven't done anything different, that I haven't done before. Then I flashed the stock T-Mobile rom and it still kept doing it. Apn settings disappeared when this happened.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread