Galaxy S4 M919 need some advice/help.

OP Den Den

21st July 2014, 12:24 AM   |  #11  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

32 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordcheeto03

Once you hit 4.3, you lost your ability to downgrade. You can upgrade, but you can't go back. Rest easy, as long as you can get into download mode, you can recover your device. Bootloop, soft brick, whatever; as long as Power + volume down brings you to download mode everything is still OK. Just read the directions a few times.. get used to the idea of what's going on, double check and make sure you have the right software and files, and jump in. You'll do fine. Even after years of jailbreaking iphones and rooting Droids, I still get nervous whenever I have to fire up Odin; but just remember... many many others (more than have posted in that thread for sure) have done the same thing you're about to do, so as long as you follow the directions you will be fine!

Thanks for the reply, now I'm all fired up and ready to do this I'll post back here when i'm done and see how it went xD

Edit: Can i ask you a favor? Could you get me the "M919UVUFNB4_M919TMBFNB4_TMB.zip" modem file and "M919UVUAMDL_M919TMBAMDL_TMB.zip", i think that's what the tutorial link i posted is asking for. But the files r huge, 1.6gb, etc, would take me 3hrs+ each for each file to download just to extract the modem =/ If that's the only thing i need.

found these links: http://rapidgator.net/file/59487dc51...15123.zip.html

and : http://terafile.co/32d149264215/M919...MBAMDL_TMB.zip

Not sure if they are safe to use or not, not everything on the net is...plus they r huge files =/
Last edited by Den Den; 21st July 2014 at 02:05 AM.
21st July 2014, 02:47 AM   |  #12  
Flag ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Thanks Meter: 558

1,579 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Den Den

Thanks for the reply, now I'm all fired up and ready to do this I'll post back here when i'm done and see how it went xD

Edit: Can i ask you a favor? Could you get me the "M919UVUFNB4_M919TMBFNB4_TMB.zip" modem file and "M919UVUAMDL_M919TMBAMDL_TMB.zip", i think that's what the tutorial link i posted is asking for. But the files r huge, 1.6gb, etc, would take me 3hrs+ each for each file to download just to extract the modem =/ If that's the only thing i need.

found these links: http://rapidgator.net/file/59487dc51...15123.zip.html

and : http://terafile.co/32d149264215/M919...MBAMDL_TMB.zip

Not sure if they are safe to use or not, not everything on the net is...plus they r huge files =/

These files include modem.bin that is required... I'm not sure why the OP linked to the entire firmware instead of just those links, but anywho...

The NB4 modem can be found in this thread. It's only ~20MB.
The MDL modem is in this thread. It is ~25MB.

Also, quote me instead of just replying to the thread. I'll respond quicker
Last edited by lordcheeto03; 21st July 2014 at 02:52 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to lordcheeto03 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st July 2014, 05:59 AM   |  #13  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

32 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordcheeto03

These files include modem.bin that is required... I'm not sure why the OP linked to the entire firmware instead of just those links, but anywho...

The NB4 modem can be found in this thread. It's only ~20MB.
The MDL modem is in this thread. It is ~25MB.

Also, quote me instead of just replying to the thread. I'll respond quicker

Flashed ADL using odin, somehow got the menu to work(couldnt budge for some reason to umts), went thru all the steps, it rebooted, put it back to download mode, and flashed it back to nb4. Put my simplemobile simcard in, still nothing, am I supposed to put a different sim card in like ATT or something for it to work? Confused why it didnt work, yet it still detects the MTC european version simcard(not in service, but it had a pin set on it, so it always asks you to unlock the sim with the sim pin u put on it to view ur files on it, etc). Am i doing something wrong? I could give you more info on the phone...

Edit: Just checked on Swappa.com of my imei and got this =/
Nvm, Looks like i think its blocked on Tmobiles network, but i put in the H2O sim and it worked.(under ATT) phew....
Last edited by Den Den; 21st July 2014 at 07:35 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread