FORUMS

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Optimize Battery Life with This Useful App

Battery life is an important aspect of your smartphone, especially if you use it for more … more

The OnePlus 2 & The Year of Smartphone Compromises

We are very close to entering the last third of 2015, and we have now seen many of … more

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

[Q] Samsung Galaxy S4 M919 can't get past PIT partition

6 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Ace$$, Junior Member on 17th July 2014, 11:14 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hello! Let me start by saying that i have researched a ton and there is a lot of great information on here. The info I've read however doesn't seem to work for me.

My situation is I spilled a little bit of water on my phone (really not much), but it got inside my phone a little, which was already rooted using auto root. My power button thinks its constantly being pushed (i think). It doesn't bootloop, but as soon as i pop the battery in it turns on, and my phone was unresponsive to me clicking the power button. The rest of the phone was fully functional and i checked with Tmobile and it is still under warrenty (didn't mention the water). They told me to backup the phone which i was able to do in kies with no problem. Then they said do a factory reset, which again I did with no problem. It didn't solve my issue which i kinda knew it wouldn't, so the next step for me was to unroot my phone so i can return it. I popped it in odin, selected the original firmware and it started , then it disconnected by itself. Now the firmware upgrade screen pops up, but i am still able to get it into download mode (for me since the power button is suspect) i just have to hold the home and volume down, pop in the battery and it goes to download mode. The problem is that every time i try to hit start in Odin it gets to the part about the PIT partition and disconnects and says there is no PIT partition. Everywhere i've read says to either use a PIT partition (can't find one for the M919) or that the partition is in the m5 file, which as far as i can tell it is not (at least not it's own file). I've tried downloading the stock firmware from a multitude of different places even Sammobile with no luck and I've also tried different computers, different cables, and all the USB ports available to me.

Can anyone please tell me where to go from here please? I need to get this replaced asap!

(sorry i also posted this in the general section on accident)

I really think I just need the PIT partition, but I can't seem to find one for the m919 model
I have also tried different version of Odin (1.85, 3.07, and 3.09) all with the same result
Last edited by Ace$$; 18th July 2014 at 12:02 AM.

18th July 2014, 12:34 AM |#2  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 1,367

More
What stock firmware are you trying to flash?

4.4.2?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Android_Monsters For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th July 2014, 12:35 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
i think so. the name of the file is M919UVUAMDL_M919TMBAMDL_M919UVUAMDL_HOME.tar.md5
18th July 2014, 12:52 AM |#4  
Flag ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Thanks Meter: 567

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace$$

i think so. the name of the file is M919UVUAMDL_M919TMBAMDL_M919UVUAMDL_HOME.tar.md5

When you're in download mode do you see anything that mentions KNOX in the upper-left hand corner? I only ask because MDL (4.2.2) firmware is the pre-KNOX firmware and will have no mention of KNOX in the text in download mode; it also will not flash if your bootloader has been updated to MK2 (4.3) or NB4 (4.4.2).
Last edited by lordcheeto03; 18th July 2014 at 12:54 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to lordcheeto03 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th July 2014, 12:56 AM |#5  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 1,367

More
You're trying to flash mdl to a phone that won't take it. (ie it's already been updated to mk2 or nb4).

I'd flash the mk2 or nb4 tar file.

---------- Post added at 12:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 AM ----------

You can get them here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2816508

The Following User Says Thank You to Android_Monsters For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th July 2014, 01:28 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
no nothing about knox.

Fu** yeah!! that looks like it might be the problem. i'll download and post how it goes
18th July 2014, 01:41 AM |#7  
Flag ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

More
Quote:

no nothing about knox.

Fu** yeah!! that looks like it might be the problem. i'll download and post how it goes

If the string "KNOX WARRANTY VOID:" doesn't appear in download mode, then your phone has not been updated to 4.3 or 4.4.2 as android_monsters stated. MDL should have flashed as there was nothing related to the bootloader or KNOX keeping you from a successful flash.

One thing I did encounter myself while trying to re-flash my pre-KNOX device; did you ever update your modem/baseband to MK2 or NB4? If you did, I would recommend finding the individual MDL modem/baseband files and manually reverting them before flashing the stock MDL firmware again. Odin never failed for me at the device .pit file, but I did encounter the firmware upgrade screen while trying to revert to stock with an updated modem. Doesn't make sense to me as the stock firmware has the modem and all in it, but that fixed it for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to lordcheeto03 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th July 2014, 04:49 AM |#8  
OP Junior Member

More
That did the trick all right!

Thanks!
18th July 2014, 04:53 AM |#9  
OP Junior Member

More
SAVED
Last edited by Ace$$; 18th July 2014 at 06:54 AM.
19th July 2014, 03:46 PM |#10  

More
I had the same problem but when i tried to flash the lastest firmware its stock on samsung logo... anyone can help me?
20th July 2014, 09:36 AM |#11  
Flag ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

More
Quote:

That did the trick all right!

Thanks!

Reverting the modem before flashing the stock firmware fixed your problem? Awesome!

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread