Firefox OS: 17 Smartphones & 40+ Markets In 2015

The post Firefox OS: 17 Smartphones & 40+ Markets In 2015 appeared first on … more

Samsung Unpacked Coverage: All About the S6

more

Samsung Galaxy S6 Cameras

more

The Battery Behind the Samsung S6 and S6 Edge

more

[Q] Need help. I think I messed up somewhere.

OP LedHendrix

20th February 2015, 04:51 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

17 posts
I'm trying to get TWRP installed. I rooted my phone with KINGO Root and that went fine. Installed TWRP from the Google play store. I installed TWRP through the app.
It ask me to choose the model of phone I'm on. I have a i337m from Telus. It asked me to confirm that dev/block//dev/block/mmcblk0p21 was my recovery block. I selected yes. It then flashed and said it was successful and asked if I wanted to boot into recovery. I selected yes, but now my phone hangs on the boot screen.
It say recovery booting in the top right as well as "Recovery is not SeAndroid enforcing" and "Set Warranty Bit: recovery". It stays there and doesn't do anything else.

Did I just brick my phone?
20th February 2015, 08:09 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 188

1,130 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LedHendrix

I'm trying to get TWRP installed. I rooted my phone with KINGO Root and that went fine. Installed TWRP from the Google play store. I installed TWRP through the app.
It ask me to choose the model of phone I'm on. I have a i337m from Telus. It asked me to confirm that dev/block//dev/block/mmcblk0p21 was my recovery block. I selected yes. It then flashed and said it was successful and asked if I wanted to boot into recovery. I selected yes, but now my phone hangs on the boot screen.
It say recovery booting in the top right as well as "Recovery is not SeAndroid enforcing" and "Set Warranty Bit: recovery". It stays there and doesn't do anything else.

Did I just brick my phone?

The SeAndroid, and warranty bit warnings are normal, try manually flashing TWRP through Odin; sounds like it was a bad flash.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Free mobile app
20th February 2015, 11:48 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

17 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalGabriel

The SeAndroid, and warranty bit warnings are normal, try manually flashing TWRP through Odin; sounds like it was a bad flash.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Free mobile app

My PC and Odin aren't detecting my phone anymore. I try to get into download mode holding the volume +power + home button but it doesnt work. I'm stuck on the galaxy S4 splash screen.
20th February 2015, 11:52 AM   |  #4  
Flag Everywhere
Thanks Meter: 305

525 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

My PC and Odin aren't detecting my phone anymore. I try to get into download mode holding the volume +power + home button but it doesnt work. I'm stuck on the galaxy S4 splash screen.

Remove the battery, put it back in then try download mode. Vol Down + Home + Power

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Free mobile app
20th February 2015, 11:58 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

17 posts
Quote:

Ok my mistake I made it to download mode and it connected to my pc. I pressed Volume up instead of volume down. Feel dumb right now.
20th February 2015, 12:02 PM   |  #6  
Flag Everywhere
Thanks Meter: 305

525 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Ok my mistake I made it to download mode and it connected to my pc. I pressed Volume up instead of volume down. Feel dumb right now.

It happens to the best of us, we all have to learn some way. I bet you never forget how to get into download mode now! good luck!

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Klown80 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread