Losing reception after CM11 Update from M9 to M10

Search This thread

indianx

Feb 7, 2011
Vancouver
Hi,

i have 4 different Galaxsy S4 M919 running CM11. All of them have the same problem.

2 days ago i updated CM11 from M9 to M10. Now iam loosing signal / reception. If i turn on airplane mode on and airplane off again, I do get reception for a short period of time. Then i loose it again.

If i revert back to M9 everything works great. Full network bars and NOT loosing reception at all. So I have flashed back to M9 again for now. Anybody has an idea why this is happening?

Last edited:

indianx

Feb 7, 2011
Vancouver
I found this. Apparently the issues already logged on the M10 Snapshot.
https://jira.cyanogenmod.org/browse/CYAN-5379

See here.

Dear Sir or Madam,
thank you for all your awesome development so far and for providing us cyanogenmod.
This is to let you know, that I have found a severe bug in cm11 m10 which causes the mobile connection (GSM/Data) to drop as soon as the phone (jftlxx) enters standby (by turning off the screen) assuming your carrier DOES NOT SUPPORT LTE (even if the phone supports it)
Please do the following steps to reproduce this:
1) Install a clean cm11 m10 on a international Samsung Galaxy S4 (jfltexx)
2) Boot your phone
3) Enter SIM-pin (if necessary)
4) Wait till GSM has connected (status bar GSM-symbol shows at least one bar)
5) Now turn off your screen (press power button)
6) Wait a couple of seconds (lets say 5 or so)
7) Switch the phone back on again
8) Have a look at the GSM-symbol which indicates "disconnected"
9) Try to use GSM - you willl see it does not work
Remarks:
a) Monthly built M9 IS NOT AFFECTED (this bug must have been introduced between M9 and M10)
b) It is very important to reproduce this with a carrier which (DOES NOT PROVIDE LTE!)
c) If your carrier supports LTE, then everything seems to be fine!
d) Eventually the connection will come up again after step step 7 from above (after some seconds)
e) During standby your phone is useless as a brick
Dumped logcat output after step 7) is attached:
I) logcat.log (logcat -d -f /sdcard/logcat.log *:V)
II) logcat.buf (logcat -b radio -d -f /sdcard/logcat.buf *:V)
I would appreciate any help to get this bug fixed since it prevents me from applying any further upgrades.
Thank you very much for your help!
Best regards,
Pascal