FORUMS

[Q] 4.4.2 Update NO MORE WIFI

27 posts
Thanks Meter: 5
 
By cspradlin, Junior Member on 27th June 2014, 07:37 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hello everyone!

Recently I updated my TMO S4 (M919) via Kies, to the 4.4.2 update. Not a leaked or aftermarket update, pushed from Samsung via Kies.
After the update, my Wifi no longer works. It doesn't even turn on. I can connect to the cellular network, better than I was able to before the update somehow.

Here is the information on my phone:
Model Number: SGH-M919
Android Version: 4.4.2
Baseband Version: M919UVUAMDL
Kernel Version:
3.4.0-540242
dpi@SWDD5919 #1
Fri FEB 14 14:38:24 2014
Build Number: KOT49H.M919UVUFNB4
SE For Android Status:
Enforcing
SEPF_SGH-M919_4.4.2_0004
Fri Feb 14 14:38:24 2014
Security Software Version: MDF v1.0 Release 2

*#1234# result is "unable to process request"
 
 
27th June 2014, 07:40 AM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 123
 
More
Was the phone rooted at all?
This update came through kies on the computer?
Your baseband and build numbers don't match.
Maybe the flash went bad.
Might need to reflash with Odin the entire firmware.
27th June 2014, 07:50 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArtiszan

Was the phone rooted at all?
This update came through kies on the computer?
Your baseband and build numbers don't match.
Maybe the flash went bad.
Might need to reflash with Odin the entire firmware.

The phone was previously rooted for Titanium Backup, have not attempted a new root.
The update came through Kies on PC, the latest version.
Last edited by cspradlin; 27th June 2014 at 07:53 AM.
27th June 2014, 09:25 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Solved, so far
Thanks for the recommendation, I used the stock 4.4.2 flashed via ODIN instead of Kies and it seems to all be working fine now! My numbers match up, wifi is working, no problems with normal connectivity.

If any problems DO pop up, since I really don't care much about my warranty, I'll probably flash a debloated KK ROM.
5th July 2014, 10:28 PM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by cspradlin

Thanks for the recommendation, I used the stock 4.4.2 flashed via ODIN instead of Kies and it seems to all be working fine now! My numbers match up, wifi is working, no problems with normal connectivity.

If any problems DO pop up, since I really don't care much about my warranty, I'll probably flash a debloated KK ROM.


hi. im having the same problem but was rooted.. i try flash the stock from but i get failed on every atempt and the now is asking me to connect to kies for recovery which i do but nothing happen. i try with odin and it fails. any ideas..
5th July 2014, 10:58 PM |#6  
serio22's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 1,029
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sytema

hi. im having the same problem but was rooted.. i try flash the stock from but i get failed on every atempt and the now is asking me to connect to kies for recovery which i do but nothing happen. i try with odin and it fails. any ideas..

What firmware are you flashing? If you updated to NB4 you need to flash NB4, anything else will fail

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
6th July 2014, 04:28 AM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by serio22

What firmware are you flashing? If you updated to NB4 you need to flash NB4, anything else will fail

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk


im flashing NB4 and still failing
6th July 2014, 04:36 AM |#8  
Kriptik210's Avatar
Senior Member
Crystal River
Thanks Meter: 158
 
More
What steps are you taking when flashing the firmware?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
6th July 2014, 04:40 AM |#9  
serio22's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 1,029
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sytema

im flashing NB4 and still failing

What is the error message?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
6th July 2014, 04:46 AM |#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by serio22

What is the error message?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

ID:0/017> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> M919UVUFNB4_M919TMBFNB4_M919UVUFNB4_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/017> Odin v.3 engine (ID:17)..
<ID:0/017> File analysis..
<ID:0/017> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/017> Initialzation..
<ID:0/017> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/017> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/017> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/017> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/017> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/017> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
<ID:0/017> Removed!!
<ID:0/017> Added!!
<ID:0/017> Removed!!
6th July 2014, 05:05 AM |#11  
The Sickness's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Somewhere in Texas
Thanks Meter: 16,109
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sytema

ID:0/017> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> M919UVUFNB4_M919TMBFNB4_M919UVUFNB4_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/017> Odin v.3 engine (ID:17)..
<ID:0/017> File analysis..
<ID:0/017> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/017> Initialzation..
<ID:0/017> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/017> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/017> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/017> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/017> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/017> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
<ID:0/017> Removed!!
<ID:0/017> Added!!
<ID:0/017> Removed!!

What is your firmware? 4.2.2? 4.3? And what is your baseband? MK2?

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes