Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Overheating problems, cant switch back to 4.2.2

OP zxandrewxz

30th August 2014, 04:38 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
38 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
This is my first time posting in this, so please excuse me if I put this topic in the wrong place or anything.

Recently I have installed a Cyanogen rom to my phone, upgrading it to 4.4.4 kitkat. Wel, everything went well. Though, recently it has been getting really hot. I mean, before I installed the rom, I was on 4.2.2 and I never had a problem like this. I mainly use my phone for games and my phone has never gotten hot to where the screen is really hot.

I bought a new battery, didn't work. Calibrated it, didn't work. Tried a fresh install, again did not work.
I tried going back to 4.2.2 but no rom that I find works, only one to work is 4.4.2 and it still over heats.

Any advice?
30th August 2014, 05:15 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
106 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2006
If you have a micro sd card in it, turn the phone off, let everything cool down, remove the battery cover, now place your finger on the micro sd card slot and turn the phone on. If it gets really hot in about 10 seconds, remove the micro sd card. Try running the phone without the micro sd card to see if that is causing the heating issue. Could be an old micro sd card or a failing micro sd card. Be sure to use a decent speed Class 10.
30th August 2014, 05:17 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
38 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mar11974

If you have a micro sd card in it, turn the phone off, let everything cool down, remove the battery cover, now place your finger on the micro sd card slot and turn the phone on. If it gets really hot in about 10 seconds, remove the micro sd card. Try running the phone without the micro sd card to see if that is causing the heating issue. Could be an old micro sd card or a failing micro sd card. Be sure to use a decent speed Class 10.

I have done that before, still get hots without it. Thansk for the advice though
30th August 2014, 05:46 AM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Flag Houston, Texas
Thanks Meter: 104
 
429 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2008
More
Are you using a kernel that is overclocking your phone? That would be one possible cause of overheating that starts as soon as you installed a different ROM. What kernel came with it?
30th August 2014, 05:58 AM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
38 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalec

Are you using a kernel that is overclocking your phone? That would be one possible cause of overheating that starts as soon as you installed a different ROM. What kernel came with it?

Sorry i'm new at this whole thing, how would i find what kernel it is?
30th August 2014, 07:38 AM   |  #6  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
38 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalec

Are you using a kernel that is overclocking your phone? That would be one possible cause of overheating that starts as soon as you installed a different ROM. What kernel came with it?

I believe this is the kernel?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10634205_748997181814617_1470526512_n.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (47.4 KB, 22 views)
30th August 2014, 04:54 PM   |  #7  
Android_Monsters's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 961
 
3,239 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
You could try the last stable cm build. Although, I'm running the latest nightly and am not having your issues.

Or

You could Odin back to stock and start over.
30th August 2014, 05:10 PM   |  #8  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
38 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android_Monsters

You could try the last stable cm build. Although, I'm running the latest nightly and am not having your issues.

Or

You could Odin back to stock and start over.



I have countless times gets hot even when using original stock. Will. Or won't let me go back to 4.2.2, only 4.4.2
30th August 2014, 09:23 PM   |  #9  
serio22's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 872
 
2,571 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
It could be a rough app running in the background.. Its happened to me a few times.. Check battery and CPU usage to make sure there are no misbehaving apps
30th August 2014, 09:48 PM   |  #10  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
38 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by serio22

It could be a rough app running in the background.. Its happened to me a few times.. Check battery and CPU usage to make sure there are no misbehaving apps

How would i go about that? I only donwload a few, but it heats up even before i donwwload any

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes