FORUMS

Introducing Voices of XDA: Have Your Ideas Heard

By far the greatest assets we have at XDA-Developers are you, the developers, the eager … more

Unofficial Xposed For Lollipop Touchwiz With Flashable Zip

XDA Recognized Developer arter97 has released an unofficial build … more

YotaPhone 2 Pre-Order, Xperia Z1 Price Cut – XDA TV

Android Wear 5.1.1 OTA downloads are now available. That and much more news is … more

[FTF] Sony Xperia Z Lollipop Release

Sony rolled out a Lollipop update for Xperia Z just yesterday. If you still haven’t gotten … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[q] help!!!! Was in recovery....

9th July 2014, 02:36 PM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Flag new york
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
i was in recovery, in mounts and storages menu..i formatted /sdcard to get rid of left over stuff....while was at it formated /data and /data/media (/sdcard) ....now when i tried to instal rom it gets stuck at boot screen. i tried to wipe davik and wipe data/factory reset...keep getting mounting errors...cant mount sd..extc...at a loss...need phone...please help.
 
 
9th July 2014, 03:03 PM |#2  
The Sickness's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Somewhere in Texas
Thanks Meter: 15,415
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heffler

i was in recovery, in mounts and storages menu..i formatted /sdcard to get rid of left over stuff....while was at it formated /data and /data/media (/sdcard) ....now when i tried to instal rom it gets stuck at boot screen. i tried to wipe davik and wipe data/factory reset...keep getting mounting errors...cant mount sd..extc...at a loss...need phone...please help.

You deleted your backup. Only thing you can really do is Odin back to stock and start over

Haters Made Me Famous
Deviant Development Team Member
The Following User Says Thank You to The Sickness For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th July 2014, 03:44 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Flag new york
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Unhappy ok..so....
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sickness

You deleted your backup. Only thing you can really do is Odin back to stock and start over

Haters Made Me Famous
Deviant Development Team Member

did the odin return to stock....still stuck at splash screen...still having mount errors....

EDIT: redid odin...worked this time...so i am on stock tw 4.2.2 now with mdl modem again...i have a recovery in but how do i install a custom rom? i tried from recovery it failed....i thought if you have recovery installed you can just boot to it and install rom...
Last edited by Heffler; 9th July 2014 at 03:54 PM.
9th July 2014, 03:57 PM |#4  
serio22's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 990
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heffler

did the odin return to stock....still stuck at splash screen...still having mount errors....

EDIT: redid odin...worked this time...so i am on stock tw 4.2.2 now with mdl modem again...i have a recovery in but how do i install a custom rom? i tried from recovery it failed....i thought if you have recovery installed you can just boot to it and install rom...

Make sure recovery is up to date or try a different one
9th July 2014, 04:20 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Flag new york
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
ok...
Quote:
Originally Posted by serio22

Make sure recovery is up to date or try a different one

keep getting user verification error in recovery when try to flash custom rom....

i used towel rott to get root acess again....not sure whats going on. i have a recovery...custom rom on ex sdcard. try to flash...says flashing...get user identification error....then reboots with stock tw....weird...
Last edited by Heffler; 9th July 2014 at 04:31 PM.
9th July 2014, 04:37 PM |#6  
serio22's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 990
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heffler

keep getting user verification error in recovery when try to flash custom rom....

i used towel rott to get root acess again....not sure whats going on. i have a recovery...custom rom on ex sdcard. try to flash...says flashing...get user identification error....then reboots with stock tw....weird...

Try downloading the ROM again
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes