Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,899 Members 48,890 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[q] help!!!! Was in recovery....

Tip us?

Heffler
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [q] help!!!! Was in recovery....

i was in recovery, in mounts and storages menu..i formatted /sdcard to get rid of left over stuff....while was at it formated /data and /data/media (/sdcard) ....now when i tried to instal rom it gets stuck at boot screen. i tried to wipe davik and wipe data/factory reset...keep getting mounting errors...cant mount sd..extc...at a loss...need phone...please help.

The Sickness
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 8630

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heffler View Post
i was in recovery, in mounts and storages menu..i formatted /sdcard to get rid of left over stuff....while was at it formated /data and /data/media (/sdcard) ....now when i tried to instal rom it gets stuck at boot screen. i tried to wipe davik and wipe data/factory reset...keep getting mounting errors...cant mount sd..extc...at a loss...need phone...please help.
You deleted your backup. Only thing you can really do is Odin back to stock and start over

Haters Made Me Famous
Deviant Development Team Member
The Following User Says Thank You to The Sickness For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Heffler
Old
(Last edited by Heffler; 9th July 2014 at 03:54 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy ok..so....

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sickness View Post
You deleted your backup. Only thing you can really do is Odin back to stock and start over

Haters Made Me Famous
Deviant Development Team Member
did the odin return to stock....still stuck at splash screen...still having mount errors....

EDIT: redid odin...worked this time...so i am on stock tw 4.2.2 now with mdl modem again...i have a recovery in but how do i install a custom rom? i tried from recovery it failed....i thought if you have recovery installed you can just boot to it and install rom...

serio22
Old
Thanks Meter 641
Quote:
did the odin return to stock....still stuck at splash screen...still having mount errors....

EDIT: redid odin...worked this time...so i am on stock tw 4.2.2 now with mdl modem again...i have a recovery in but how do i install a custom rom? i tried from recovery it failed....i thought if you have recovery installed you can just boot to it and install rom...
Make sure recovery is up to date or try a different one

Heffler
Old
(Last edited by Heffler; 9th July 2014 at 04:31 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default ok...

Quote:
Originally Posted by serio22 View Post
Make sure recovery is up to date or try a different one
keep getting user verification error in recovery when try to flash custom rom....

i used towel rott to get root acess again....not sure whats going on. i have a recovery...custom rom on ex sdcard. try to flash...says flashing...get user identification error....then reboots with stock tw....weird...

serio22
Old
Thanks Meter 641
Quote:
keep getting user verification error in recovery when try to flash custom rom....

i used towel rott to get root acess again....not sure whats going on. i have a recovery...custom rom on ex sdcard. try to flash...says flashing...get user identification error....then reboots with stock tw....weird...
Try downloading the ROM again