Nova Launcher Update Brings Lollipop Functionality and Feel

One of the most popular third party launcher on Android, Nova Launcher, has just … more

Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more
Post Reply

[Q] Am I being SCAMMED with this M919 purchase?

OP guruqu

10th September 2014, 07:51 PM   |  #41  
bogdan109's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag IN THE UNIVERSE
Thanks Meter: 36
 
153 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
Click on menu button to the left of back button and click on the firmware browser. See what is last one and download. I hope to help you.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
25th September 2014, 07:28 PM   |  #42  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
24 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2007
It says "Sorry, no data available."
Model: SGH-M919 CSC: CHM

If we assume it's a legit T-Mobile M919, whose firmware is thoroughly screwed up by some jerk.
ATM, it doesn't accept most of the T-Mobile firmware flash through ODIN. (Giving secure check fail error).
Is there anyway to forcefully restore everything back to "Stock Setting"?
26th September 2014, 05:52 AM   |  #43  
serio22's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 766
 
2,343 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guruqu

It says "Sorry, no data available."
Model: SGH-M919 CSC: CHM

If we assume it's a legit T-Mobile M919, whose firmware is thoroughly screwed up by some jerk.
ATM, it doesn't accept most of the T-Mobile firmware flash through ODIN. (Giving secure check fail error).
Is there anyway to forcefully restore everything back to "Stock Setting"?

Try flashing with another computer. Yes you can force flash but if Odin rejects the firmware there is a reason for it. Force flashing will most likely brick it.. Just because it says M919 on settings or at the start of the firmware does not mean its an M919, trust me I've seen many cases like this, not with the M919 but that's what this case also seems like. Unfortunately without back ups or correct firmware there is no way to go back to "stock"
26th September 2014, 08:12 AM   |  #44  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
24 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2007
Can i make a nand backup than try my luck? If things go south i can restore to where i am now. But i guess if i screw up bootloader i wont be able to even odin anymore which would require hardware flash i guess? Any softer work around? Would taking picture of back of my phone help determine actual type of my phone? Many thanks
26th September 2014, 04:43 PM   |  #45  
serio22's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 766
 
2,343 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guruqu

Can i make a nand backup than try my luck? If things go south i can restore to where i am now. But i guess if i screw up bootloader i wont be able to even odin anymore which would require hardware flash i guess? Any softer work around? Would taking picture of back of my phone help determine actual type of my phone? Many thanks

Making a backup won't recover it if you brick it. I mean it will probably hard brick, not soft brick, which can be easily fixed most of the time. Taking a picture on the back is not a sure way to know either at times, it will say whatever they sold it as, but what model does it say? Maybe you can talk to mobiletech videos, the guys that do jtags and see if they know anything about it or if they can fix it. That's the safest way I can think of right now
27th September 2014, 01:10 AM   |  #46  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
24 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2007
I would like to try my luck force flashing TMO Stock M919 rom. The worst case it hard bricks I'm going to send in for JTag repair anyways. Currently my download mode always rejects TMO stock firmware MDL and others to be flashed. Is there a work around? Best.
27th September 2014, 04:48 AM   |  #47  
serio22's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 766
 
2,343 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guruqu

I would like to try my luck force flashing TMO Stock M919 rom. The worst case it hard bricks I'm going to send in for JTag repair anyways. Currently my download mode always rejects TMO stock firmware MDL and others to be flashed. Is there a work around? Best.

I would send it in instead, or at least speak with them, that way they can have an idea of what they are looking at instead of just sending a brick with no real idea what device it is
27th September 2014, 06:40 AM   |  #48  
xdm9mm's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 62
 
300 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
Have you tried using another cable and usb port? This happened to me before, I was going insane, then I read about changing usb cable and used another usb port, then it worked. Good luck.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
sgh-m919
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes