Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara: Modified Android L and Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and software enthusiasts. The … more
Post Reply

[Q] siganl bar strength problem

11th July 2014, 08:40 AM   |  #1  
aliamin86's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag newyork
Thanks Meter: 15
 
142 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2008
More
hi everybody
i have been flashing roms forever i havent used a samsung phone in 10 years i flashed a couple of custom roms the other day and notice a signal bar strength problem on all other roms i've flashed on my tmobile s4 the signal bars are always weaker on custom roms when i returned to stock and the signal the best wondering if anybody can help i even tried flashing the nb4 modem as instructed but the problem still continues so if anybody can help i will be grateful.i am on 4.4.2
Last edited by aliamin86; 11th July 2014 at 08:48 AM.
11th July 2014, 09:10 AM   |  #2  
Android_Monsters's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 878
 
3,034 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
It's possible the custom roms are just being more honest about your signal strength. This is mine in/near a major city using cm latest nightly (2 bars):

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1405066160976.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	2845353  
11th July 2014, 09:43 AM   |  #3  
aliamin86's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag newyork
Thanks Meter: 15
 
142 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android_Monsters

It's possible the custom roms are just being more honest about your signal strength. This is mine in/near a major city using cm latest nightly (2 bars):

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

It's not really all other phones I had with custom rom's display full bars I think the developers need to look into this.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Free mobile app
11th July 2014, 05:04 PM   |  #4  
serio22's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 717
 
2,235 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliamin86

It's not really all other phones I had with custom rom's display full bars I think the developers need to look into this.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Free mobile app

If it was custom ROMs in phone without LTE then that's why, LTE signal can be weaker than hspa
11th July 2014, 05:36 PM   |  #5  
aliamin86's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag newyork
Thanks Meter: 15
 
142 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by serio22

If it was custom ROMs in phone without LTE then that's why, LTE signal can be weaker than hspa

Just trying to figure out why

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Free mobile app
11th July 2014, 06:37 PM   |  #6  
serio22's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 717
 
2,235 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliamin86

Just trying to figure out why

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Free mobile app

It's different bands.. Just like gsm signal won't be the same as wcdma in many cases.. Its normal. The NB4 modem also reports higher reception on stock or stock based firmware but really it's not any better and aosp/cm shows a truer signal strength which is weaker than stock on many cases. I think this is what's confusing you
11th July 2014, 06:46 PM   |  #7  
aliamin86's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag newyork
Thanks Meter: 15
 
142 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by serio22

It's different bands.. Just like gsm signal won't be the same as wcdma in many cases.. Its normal. The NB4 modem also reports higher reception on stock or stock based firmware but really it's not any better and aosp/cm shows a truer signal strength which is weaker than stock on many cases. I think this is what's confusing you

Thank you now I understand why

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Free mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes