Use Tethering as Lan Modem Connection?

OP colorchange

18th August 2014, 03:43 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 28

135 posts
I am trying to use my not just a hot spot tethering location, but as the internet access portal for my wireless lan. This way I can use multiple devices and not have to manually connect and reconnect to the phone for tethering. From the reading I've done, the best way is to connect the phone to the router through USB and set up USB tethering on the phone. Am I on the right path? Has anyone else done this? What kind of router do I need to pull this off?

TIA
21st August 2014, 07:19 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

16 posts
Storage tethering to a home router
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorchange

I am trying to use my not just a hot spot tethering location, but as the internet access portal for my wireless lan. This way I can use multiple devices and not have to manually connect and reconnect to the phone for tethering. From the reading I've done, the best way is to connect the phone to the router through USB and set up USB tethering on the phone. Am I on the right path? Has anyone else done this? What kind of router do I need to pull this off?

TIA

Hi i was able to do this once. it worked great. i reset my router and somehow i cant the right settings again. heres what i did. connected mobile hot spot to computer via USB, i then bridged the connection with my Ethernet adapter. i then plugged a network cable to my routhers wan port (input) my router has a custom dd-wrt firmware. and i was able to leave hotspot connected to pc and share it out my eithernet port to my router, at that point my router would throw the signal to the air. unfortunately for me i for got my routers admin password, so when i reset the router to default i lost the settings that made it work. i haven't found them again. it works and it works well. if you have any luck let me know. i hope some of the info helps
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread