Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,815 Members 40,272 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Gpe conversion

Tip us?
 
PunishedSnake
Old
#1  
PunishedSnake's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Posts: 371
Join Date: Apr 2014
Default Gpe conversion

Has anyone done it?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
 
lordcheeto03
Old
#2  
lordcheeto03's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 536
Posts: 1,530
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PunishedSnake View Post
Has anyone done it?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
If you mean custom ROMs based on the GPE firmwares, yes. There are anywhere from just simply rooted/stock GPE ROMs to fairly pimped out and customized/customizable GPE ROMs.

If, however, you mean fully converted... bootloader, modems, 100% stock recovery and able to receive OTA updates... no.
Don't be afraid of the "Thanks" button
 
PunishedSnake
Old
#3  
PunishedSnake's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Posts: 371
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordcheeto03 View Post
If you mean custom ROMs based on the GPE firmwares, yes. There are anywhere from just simply rooted/stock GPE ROMs to fairly pimped out and customized/customizable GPE ROMs.

If, however, you mean fully converted... bootloader, modems, 100% stock recovery and able to receive OTA updates... no.
Full conversion like the htc one not possible?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
 
lordcheeto03
Old
#4  
lordcheeto03's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 536
Posts: 1,530
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PunishedSnake View Post
Full conversion like the htc one not possible?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
I want to say someone successfully flashed the GPE stock recovery; but that was quite a while ago that I saw that posted. I don't remember how far along they were able to get as far as the actual conversion. I don't honestly understand the big deal of the whole thing other than just to be able to say you did it. Running the custom GPE ROMs is just as good; and if desired, one could perform an unroot and have the phone nearly identical to a 'fresh off the shelf' 9505g...
Don't be afraid of the "Thanks" button
 
ShinySide
Old
#5  
ShinySide's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,913
Posts: 1,669
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: IHB
Recovery and system you can. Everything else (bootloader, modems, etc) will fail. Bootloaders on these phones do a check and reject anything not specifically meant for it model wise exceppt for recovery and system for somereason. I tried out of boredom to convert to an i9505 and didnt work out so well. I got the modems to flash tho which ended in absolutely no service.
 
PunishedSnake
Old
#6  
PunishedSnake's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Posts: 371
Join Date: Apr 2014
That's no good..

I suppose Gpe Rom will have to do

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes