XDA LG Development Challenge Winners

Almost 3months ago, we set out with LGto findtwo amazing apps that developers could put together … more

Wearable Apps w/ Andreas Göransson – XDA:DevCon 2014

XDA:DevCon 2014 in Manchester, UK featured quite a few interesting topics as … more

Browse Your Files with Ease using MK Explorer

Google has made quite an effort in perfecting the powerful and multi-faceted OS that we know as … more

How to Fix the Nexus Available Storage Bug – XDA TV

Is your Nexus device only showing half of the available storage as it should? Many … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] No Wi-Fi after TWRP restore??

OP OldMage

20th August 2014, 10:19 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag PDX/Vanc,WA area
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
More
I'll try to boil this down as much as possible... Bought a used M919 on Craigslist, it was an original MDL 4.2.2 build. I rooted, loaded Fenny's 4.4.2 ROM, had it all going great, then it got blacklisted for unpaid device balance...

Just bought a refurb direct from T-Mo, of course it's NB4 4.4.2. I did TowelRoot, installed current TWRP, restored Data & System, got stuck at the T-Mobile animation screen (so long the phone was getting hot). Flashed back to Fenny's fixed original 4.4.2 ROM, it booted fine, had Wi-Fi & LTE signal, did TowelRoot, installed TWRP again, restored ONLY Data...

Phone boots & runs fine, makes/receives calls & SMS/MMS but I have no Wi-Fi (won't successfully turn on). Also, I'm constantly getting a "Security Notice" saying "Unauthorized actions have been detected. Restart your phone to undo any unauthorized changes."

What gives? I've tried re-flashing the separate modem files, but it doesn't help.
Ideas please?
21st August 2014, 02:26 AM   |  #2  
Flag ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Thanks Meter: 558

1,580 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldMage

I'll try to boil this down as much as possible... Bought a used M919 on Craigslist, it was an original MDL 4.2.2 build. I rooted, loaded Fenny's 4.4.2 ROM, had it all going great, then it got blacklisted for unpaid device balance...

Just bought a refurb direct from T-Mo, of course it's NB4 4.4.2. I did TowelRoot, installed current TWRP, restored Data & System, got stuck at the T-Mobile animation screen (so long the phone was getting hot). Flashed back to Fenny's fixed original 4.4.2 ROM, it booted fine, had Wi-Fi & LTE signal, did TowelRoot, installed TWRP again, restored ONLY Data...

Phone boots & runs fine, makes/receives calls & SMS/MMS but I have no Wi-Fi (won't successfully turn on). Also, I'm constantly getting a "Security Notice" saying "Unauthorized actions have been detected. Restart your phone to undo any unauthorized changes."

What gives? I've tried re-flashing the separate modem files, but it doesn't help.
Ideas please?

Did you flash the WiFi fix in Fenny's thread? Have you tried a different kernel?
The Following User Says Thank You to lordcheeto03 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st August 2014, 08:03 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag PDX/Vanc,WA area

13 posts
More
Must've missed the Wi-Fi fix somehow. Thought there were only problems when the MDL bootloader was maintained.

Yes, I'm running Fenny's kernel, 1.2 or 1.3.

Sent from my S4 using XDA Free
21st August 2014, 08:33 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Flag PDX/Vanc,WA area

13 posts
More
BINGO! Wow, makes me feel like a total noob. Haven't seen the Security notice yet either.

21st August 2014, 09:01 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag PDX/Vanc,WA area

13 posts
More
I take that back, there's the security notice... :banghead:

22nd August 2014, 12:13 AM   |  #6  
Flag ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Thanks Meter: 558

1,580 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldMage

I take that back, there's the security notice... :banghead:

I did a search for "Unauthorized actions have been detected" and it pulled up a couple pages for other Samsung devices. You could try doing what they all say to do; I would assume that because I've read the same solution in both the S5 forum and the Note II forum it should work for all Samsung devices... anyway, open up SuperSU and somewhere in the app there should be an option to disable KNOX. That should get rid of that warning.
The Following User Says Thank You to lordcheeto03 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd August 2014, 12:19 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Flag PDX/Vanc,WA area

13 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordcheeto03

I did a search for "Unauthorized actions have been detected" and it pulled up a couple pages for other Samsung devices. You could try doing what they all say to do; I would assume that because I've read the same solution in both the S5 forum and the Note II forum it should work for all Samsung devices... anyway, open up SuperSU and somewhere in the app there should be an option to disable KNOX. That should get rid of that warning.

I must be doing something wrong w/ my searches... Thanks for the slap in the right direction
We'll see if it's attitude is improved...
My S3 never gave me this much trouble... LOL! Neither did my 1st S4.
Last edited by OldMage; 22nd August 2014 at 12:28 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread