[ODIN][TAR] I545VRUFNC5 Factory and No-Wipe Odin tars

Search This thread

aidenthefirst

Oct 16, 2014
I'm having trouble getting Odin v3.09 to recognize my phone. I've successfully placed the phone in download mode, installed drivers but continue to fail. Am I using the wrong drivers or something?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-06-28-22-15-09.png
    Screenshot_2017-06-28-22-15-09.png
    193.6 KB · Views: 87
  • Screenshot_2017-06-28-22-15-04.png
    Screenshot_2017-06-28-22-15-04.png
    164.3 KB · Views: 87

bilgerryan

Inactive Recognized Developer
I'm having trouble getting Odin v3.09 to recognize my phone. I've successfully placed the phone in download mode, installed drivers but continue to fail. Am I using the wrong drivers or something?
Where did you get the drivers at? If it's off the Samsung website you sound be fine with those. I don't think I ever upgraded mine past be v3.06, maybe try a different version of Odin. Fully uninstall the current one first. You can't use this tar anyways, you have to use the same version (OC1) you are on or newer. Find them at www.sammobile.com. OF1 is a no wipe if I remember right.

IWSJX5e.jpg

Last edited:

aidenthefirst

Oct 16, 2014
Where did you get the drivers at? If it's off the Samsung website you sound be fine with those. I don't think I ever upgraded mine past be v3.06, maybe try a different version of Odin. Fully uninstall the current one first. You can't use this tar anyways, you have to use the same version (OC1) you are on or newer. Find them at www.sammobile.com. OF1 is a no wipe if I remember right.

Thank you. Going to give it a shot.

aidenthefirst

Oct 16, 2014
Sammobile.com forces you to pay for the software? The force you to become a premium user to download it. Does anyone know of a free source for an original (OC1) copy?

Sammobile.com forces you to pay for the software? The force you to become a premium user to download it. Does anyone know of a free source for an original (OC1) copy?

I have all the (Unmodified) Official Samsung Stock Firmware for the jfltevzw on my File Host Account here:

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=158750

***Please Note: As always, I welcome any member to help with further valuable information/clarification for any of my posts.

Sent via Communicator [d2vzw] from the Bridge of the U.S.S. Enterprise.

Last edited:
Reactions: bilgerryan

aidenthefirst

Oct 16, 2014
I have all the (Unmodified) Official Samsung Stock Firmware for the jfltevzw on my File Host Account here:

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=158750

***Please Note: As always, I welcome any member to help with further valuable information/clarification for any of my posts.

So I used the OC1 file from your host site. It loaded through Odin just fine. Took 10 minutes to install everything. Success!!! Phone reboots...same as before. All the same apps and everything...didn't even lose a text message...did I do something wrong?

bilgerryan

No, they don't. They force you to pay for a fast download, but not to just download. Unless something has changed, I've been off Samsung phones for a few months.

IWSJX5e.jpg

Last edited:
So I used the OC1 file from your host site. It loaded through Odin just fine. Took 10 minutes to install everything. Success!!! Phone reboots...same as before. All the same apps and everything...didn't even lose a text message...did I do something wrong?
If your trying to wipe the whole device and start from scratch, you'll also need to use the PIT file with the Firmware.

I've got both of them here but, only use the one that matches your devices internal memory (16GB or 32GB):

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=159518

The pit file instructs and performs the Partitions for Odin to flash the Firmware files correctly.

aidenthefirst

Oct 16, 2014
If your trying to wipe the whole device and start from scratch, you'll also need to use the PIT file with the Firmware.

I've got both of them here but, only use the one that matches your devices internal memory (16GB or 32GB):

The pit file instructs and performs the Partitions for Odin to flash the Firmware files correctly.

Thank you. Going to give this a shot. Fingers crossed!

---------- Post added at 04:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 AM ----------

Let me get this straight, the OC1 file I downloaded is the firmware, correct? The PIT file repartitions everything. Am I missing something? I ran Odin with the AP file and PIT file with the result of rebooting with all the same apps. Nothing changed again. Do I need to use an updated version of Odin? Not sure what I missed...

Last edited:

bilgerryan

Thank you. Going to give this a shot. Fingers crossed!

---------- Post added at 04:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 AM ----------

Let me get this straight, the OC1 file I downloaded is the firmware, correct? The PIT file repartitions everything. Am I missing something? I ran Odin with the AP file and PIT file with the result of rebooting with all the same apps. Nothing changed again. Do I need to use an updated version of Odin? Not sure what I missed...
I've never used a PIT file ever, but as far as I know it is really only needed on the 32 GB version of the device or if you have changed the sizes of the partitions to go back to stock (so if your partitions are already the correct size it probably does nothing). Neither contains the command to wipe the /data partition. Simply do a factory reset in stock recovery to achieve this. Most likely it was left out of the tar to help with a speedy recovery from a bootloop (so you don't have to start over from scratch and they can restore people's devices in case of emergency and the user won't lose all of their data), as this device has a locked bootloader. This is total speculation on the reasons why, but that's why I would leave that command out, especially since it can be easily achieved with a factory reset. Hopefully this answers your questions, if not, feel free to ask away.

Last edited:

aidenthefirst

Oct 16, 2014
I've never used a PIT file ever, but as far as I know it is really only needed on the 32 GB version of the device or if you have changed the sizes of the partitions to go back to stock (so if your partitions are already the correct size it probably does nothing). Neither contains the command to wipe the /data partition. Simply do a factory reset in stock recovery to achieve this. Most likely it was left out of the tar to help with a speedy recovery from a bootloop (so you don't have to start over from scratch and they can restore people's devices in case of emergency and the user won't lose all of their data), as this device has a locked bootloader. This is total speculation on the reasons why, but that's why I would leave that command out, especially since out can be easily achieved with a factory reset. Hopefully this answers your questions, if not, feel free to ask away.

That makes perfect sense. However, I'm trying to revert to completely stock. I flashed some "unlocked" rom on here to use the Verizon phone on AT&T. Since then, I have switched to Verizon. I just want to go back to bone stock. Has this been acheived through the .tar I downloaded?

bilgerryan

That makes perfect sense. However, I'm trying to revert to completely stock. I flashed some "unlocked" rom on here to use the Verizon phone on AT&T. Since then, I have switched to Verizon. I just want to go back to bone stock. Has this been acheived through the .tar I downloaded?
Yep, just do a factory reset in stock recovery after flashing ghee tar. That's it. As long as Odin says PASS at the end, you should be 100% stock.

bilgerryan

Ok, the unlocked icon is gone. I was planning on doing the OTA update but it takes me to the screen to install custom recoveries? I don't know if that makes sense. The OC1.tar did work to take me back to stock.
This phone doesn't have a custom recovery, so no it doesn't make sense. If it takes you to stock recovery then that's where it's supposed to take you. If it doesn't do it automatically then press "apply update.zip from /cache"

IWSJX5e.jpg

Reactions: gardelc163

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DO NOT FLASH IF YOUR ON MDK AND WISH TO RETAIN YOUR CUSTOM RECOVERY! THIS WILL REMOVE THE LOKI EXPLOIT!

This is a new update for SCH-1545 taking users to VRUFNC5. This is the stock factory image. Also, If you need to go back to stock for whatever reason and this Odin tar doesn't work I suggest using the VRUFNC2 factory image from sextape instead.

For the sake of simplicity, I've also included a mirror to the MJ7 and MK2 "emergency" Full-wipe Odin tars as well MJ7 Full-Wipe and MK2 Full-Wipe

@Tomsgt made a great video of the process that can be viewed here

Information:

1. ROOT METHOD can be found here

2. Otherwise, Download Odin 3.09 here (Note: Bootloader = BL , PDA = AP , Phone = CP)

Download: VRUFNC5 No-Wipe SCH-I545_VZW_1_20140330160240_yni63xq6zh.zip
    MD5: 71d1c7ea58d2ba81ccadd965b54a2215

Download: VRUFNC5 Full-Wipe SCH-I545_VZW_1_20140330160240_8il17ls9o2_fac.zip
    MD5: 8a22dd4a47c2c5f890227fd952657d38

Directions:

No-Wipe

1. Unzip the file and you should have a tar.md5
    2. Select the tar.md5 in Odin under PDA (or AP if using Odin 3.09) and keep Odin's default settings
    3. Click start and wait for it to say Pass!

Full Wipe ( AKA Emeregency Repair)

1. Unzip the file and you should have a ALL_VZW_I545VRUFNC5_I545VZWFNC5_1151670_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5
    2. Select the tar.md5 in Odin under PDA (or AP if using Odin 3.09) and keep Odin's default settings
    3. Extract the PIT file from your phone or Odin tar, also I've uploaded it here just in case.
    4. Put the PIT file in PIT and load the the Odin tar.md5 in PDA (or AP if using Odin 3.09) then click start.
    To all:

I get a lot of messages about no-wipe resulting in error messages when downgrading from NG6 to NC5. This is to be expected, you can't expect everything to just work out great when downgrading from a newer version to older, and you guys should be using full wipe anyways to get rid of data errors. If keeping your data is that important to you, then I suggest backing up to your pc first.

P.S. Be thankful you can even downgrade in the first place
    great news! can you fix the link for NC5 no wipe? thank you!

Thanks for posting these...but the no wipe NC5 link isn't working for me

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

Fixed

I like to tell people it's in the 180-200 range but truthfully it's probably closer to average.
    @Surge1223 I'm going to ask to be 100% certain, but I'm on rooted stock MK2..... The no-wipe will allow me to retain root, correct?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

U will lose root.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app