FORUMS

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

[guide/How-To] Disable Verizon CD Installer

879 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,749
 
By EMSpilot, Recognized Themer on 29th July 2014, 03:12 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
This is based on Verizon S4 Android 4.4.2 NC5 Deodexed. This was a group effort by Versatile1 and myself, please don't forget to thank Versatile1.

First thing you need to do is have a current Nandroid or backup. Then grab your services.jar from /system/framework.

Decompile with APKTOOL of your choice.

First step is to edit /smali/com/android/server/usb/UsbDeviceManager$UsbHandler.smali

Look For: 2 instances of "const v6, 0x1040739" and change to "const v6, 0x1040737"

Then edit /smali/com/android/server/KiesConnectivity/KiesUsbManager.smali

Look for: 1 instance of "const-wide/16 v2, 0x7530" and change to "const-wide/16 v2, 0x0"

That's it. Compile and Enjoy!!!

If you want to use this in your ROM please don't forget to give credit to Versatile1 and myself.

Do not re-post our work!!! If you have questions or need this Mod on another phone just ask in a post!!!

Please don't forget to hit THANKS!!!
Last edited by EMSpilot; 30th July 2014 at 07:32 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EMSpilot For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
29th July 2014, 05:11 AM |#2  
calebcabob's Avatar
Senior Member
Bristol County, Massachusetts
Thanks Meter: 368
 
More
So what exactly does this do? Sorry, I'm just not familiar.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

I know u mention it in the title, just don't see any kind of description in the OP

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
29th July 2014, 06:42 AM |#3  
EMSpilot's Avatar
OP Recognized Themer
Flag Havasu
Thanks Meter: 1,749
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by calebcabob

So what exactly does this do? Sorry, I'm just not familiar.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

I know u mention it in the title, just don't see any kind of description in the OP

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

When you plug your phone into a computer via USB you get connected as installer and have to wait about 30 seconds before connected as MTP so you can transfer files. This disables the connected as installer and takes you straight to MTP.
The Following User Says Thank You to EMSpilot For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th July 2014, 09:37 PM |#4  
ecen92's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 26
 
More
Used on NC5
I found this to be easier and has worked great though the versions release by VZW, so in that aspect your mileage may vary

1. enable hidden menus (step 2) http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2303905
a) Change the contents of /efs/carrier/HiddenMenu from OFF to ON
b) Try it out! Go to the phone dialer and enter *#06# (show MEID) as a test.
2. enter dialer code *#0808#
3. select MTP+ADB
4. reboot (may not be necessary)
29th July 2014, 09:48 PM |#5  
EMSpilot's Avatar
OP Recognized Themer
Flag Havasu
Thanks Meter: 1,749
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecen92

I found this to be easier and has worked great though the versions release by VZW, so in that aspect your mileage may vary

1. enable hidden menus (step 2) http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2303905
a) Change the contents of /efs/carrier/HiddenMenu from OFF to ON
b) Try it out! Go to the phone dialer and enter *#06# (show MEID) as a test.
2. enter dialer code *#0808#
3. select MTP+ADB
4. reboot (may not be necessary)

This does not stick on reboot.
30th June 2015, 02:52 PM |#6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMSpilot

This is based on Verizon S4 Android 4.4.2 NC5 Deodexed. This was a group effort by Versatile1 and myself, please don't forget to thank Versatile1.

First thing you need to do is have a current Nandroid or backup. Then grab your services.jar from /system/framework.

Decompile with APKTOOL of your choice.

First step is to edit /smali/com/android/server/usb/UsbDeviceManager$UsbHandler.smali

Look For: 2 instances of "const v6, 0x1040739" and change to "const v6, 0x1040737"

Then edit /smali/com/android/server/KiesConnectivity/KiesUsbManager.smali

Look for: 1 instance of "const-wide/16 v2, 0x7530" and change to "const-wide/16 v2, 0x0"

That's it. Compile and Enjoy!!!

If you want to use this in your ROM please don't forget to give credit to Versatile1 and myself.

Do not re-post our work!!! If you have questions or need this Mod on another phone just ask in a post!!!

Please don't forget to hit THANKS!!!

Do you have something for htc one m7 international? (cd drive it's pretty annoying...)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes