UPDATE AS OF 10-06-14 THE ORIGINAL ROM HAS BEEN UPDATED. IR BLASTER BUG FIXED!
Some users report GPS issues, but ive never experienced it, but other users in the original thread have reported it. Test and let me know!
So in this thread, I will explain 2 different ways how to get the great Goldfinger ROM on your Verizon S4.
I TAKE NO CREDIT FOR ANY DEVELOPMENT POSTED. Im just typing the How-To guide!
First things first I want to Thank/Give Credit to everybody deserving it!
-@iB4STiD for developing this fantastic ROM!
-@jrkruse for the patch
- Chainfire for root
- @Surge1223 for modules and Modems
- Hashcode for Safestrap, making all this possible!
- Goldfinger ROM thread with Download links:
- Patch thread with download links:
- Chainfire SuperSu Zip
- Surge1223 Modem and Modules:
-Signal bar fix:
After everything is downloaded and moved to your SD-Card:
First install process - Easier, but may not always work properly:
1. Flash GoldFinger ROM and choose your preferences in Aroma
2. Flash Patch
a. inside aroma choose Full install, add Verizon features and build.prop, and no kernel)
3. Flash Signal bar fix
3. SuperSu zip to get root back
4. Wi-Fi modules
5. Bootloader specific modem (optional, but highly recommended)
** If this install works and you get data, and sms, then great youre done! **
** After this install you will have the s4 phone and sms apps. If you would like to update to the S5 apps, there are a few ways to do that.
- Use this thread and follow install instructions as posted:
If the first method did not work for you, follow these instructions:
1. Download Goldfinger ROM to your PC
2. Download Verizon ROM (stock, echoe, hyperdrive, etc.)
3. Extract the Verizon ROM to wherever you like
4. Navigate to system > etc and find the file named "apns-config.xml"
5. Save the Verizon ROM apns-config.xml to your desktop
6. Now use 7zip, or a similar program and open the Goldfinger ROM
7. Navigate to system > etc and find the same apns-config.xml
8. Once you've located it, delete it.
9. Now, copy the "apns-config.xml" that you moved to your desktop, from your Verizon ROM, and place it in the same place that you deleted the old one from
10. After that, close out of 7zip and copy Goldfinger to your SD-Card
11. Now follow the normal install process posted above.
I hope everyone enjoys! If you like this ROM, please head over to the ROM thread and thank iB4STiD and let him know his work is appreciated!
Original Thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...posts-t2864506