[ROM] Everything S5. Sweet... Simple...and working

Search This thread

zmedhaug

Nov 3, 2012
Verizon Galaxy S5 features TW based rom. Stock Rom with a lot of S5 apps added.

Requirements:
You must be on NC5 rooted with Safe Strap. Go HERE and follow the instructions if you arent.
I have not tried to flash this on MDK.

asabysyq.jpg
ma5ybase.jpg
e8eva4ej.jpg
y2eme7yd.jpg
ahe7uvy2.jpg
peby2yqy.jpg
yzupu3u4.jpg

Added S5 apps:
S5 Messaging! (pretty sweet)**(see below)
Samsung Magazine
TouchWiz Launcher
S Finder
S Planner (calendar)
Calculator
Galaxy S5 Wallpapers
Scrapbook
VIP mode
Browser
Video Player
My Files
Boot Animation
S Memo
Samsung apps (a Samsung app store)
Scrapbook
Translator
Task Manager
Watch on
S5 Widgets
Wallpaper app
Deodexed

The Correct Safestrap version is in the rom. Make sure its installed after you flash this app.

Rom Was Debloated. Not fully but has a lot removed.

Stuff that's all flubbed up:
  • **Never use the message delay in the messaging app. Or anything that would cause the messaging app to use the clock. The framework will cause forecloses that will not stop.
  • I would not suggest flashing any of the gallery S5 zips. These cause force closes also. The zips do report working but did not on the i545
  • Anything else let me know.
  • The S5 settings.apk was missing more settings than S4 and had force closes on boot. Was removed.
  • Magazine is not clickable
  • Scrapbook may be removed in future update. Scrapbook needs some framework changes to work.

This rom was built from Surge's Stock NC5 rom posted HERE
S5 apps were pulled from S5 stock rom and using Google.

Special Thanks:
Surge1223
AFH

By clicking here you agree that you are doing this on your own choice and nothing you are preparing to do will be my fault. No ones but your own. So install at your own risk. You know what rooting and flashing can do to your phone.

Last edited:

bolt_of_thunder

Mar 18, 2011
Just flashed this one on SS. after rebooting I get a couple of force close errors for the acore.phone process. Is that normal for this rom? They don't reappear after the initial boot though.

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

Trying to set it up now and it won't let me place a widget on any homescreens on Nova. After I drop the widget a dialog popup appears and says that "unfortunately, settings has stopped." What would be causing this? Thanks

Last edited:

zmedhaug

Nov 3, 2012
Just flashed this one on SS. after rebooting I get a couple of force close errors for the acore.phone process. Is that normal for this rom? They don't reappear after the initial boot though.

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

Trying to set it up now and it won't let me place a widget on any homescreens on Nova. After I drop the widget a dialog popup appears and says that "unfortunately, settings has stopped." What would be causing this? Thanks

There's two settings.apk in system>private app the second one is causing this. I did not experience your same problem with nova. Did you do a fresh install?

Quentin.Sheley

Sep 25, 2013
Anyone find a working 4x5 home screen mod? I tried the Hyperdrive one from a while back and it didn't stick.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

ustewjt

Apr 13, 2009
Fishers, Indiana
Download Link not working

Is there an alternative mirror? I tried to download but androidfilehost.com is reporting 404 error stating that the file cannot be found.

EDIT: Nevermind - I now see the SYSTEM NOTICE: SSL Cert has been fixed! The new site and setup is live. Downloads are working, however we are still working out some bugs with the uploader. If your upload fails to start, please refresh & try again. FTP offline until tonight

Last edited:

zmedhaug

Nov 3, 2012
Is there an alternative mirror? I tried to download but androidfilehost.com is reporting 404 error stating that the file cannot be found.

EDIT: Nevermind - I now see the SYSTEM NOTICE: SSL Cert has been fixed! The new site and setup is live. Downloads are working, however we are still working out some bugs with the uploader. If your upload fails to start, please refresh & try again. FTP offline until tonight

There isn't. Looks like their doing some maintenance. I'm at work now. If it isn't up by tonight I'll look into a mirror.

I'm also deleting the second settings.

Reactions: ustewjt

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Verizon Galaxy S5 features TW based rom. Stock Rom with a lot of S5 apps added.

Requirements:
    You must be on NC5 rooted with Safe Strap. Go HERE and follow the instructions if you arent.
    I have not tried to flash this on MDK.

asabysyq.jpg
    ma5ybase.jpg
    e8eva4ej.jpg
    y2eme7yd.jpg
    ahe7uvy2.jpg
    peby2yqy.jpg
    yzupu3u4.jpg

Added S5 apps:
    S5 Messaging! (pretty sweet)**(see below)
    Samsung Magazine
    TouchWiz Launcher
    S Finder
    S Planner (calendar)
    Calculator
    Galaxy S5 Wallpapers
    Scrapbook
    VIP mode
    Browser
    Video Player
    My Files
    Boot Animation
    S Memo
    Samsung apps (a Samsung app store)
    Scrapbook
    Translator
    Task Manager
    Watch on
    S5 Widgets
    Wallpaper app
    Deodexed

The Correct Safestrap version is in the rom. Make sure its installed after you flash this app.

Rom Was Debloated. Not fully but has a lot removed.

Stuff that's all flubbed up:
    • **Never use the message delay in the messaging app. Or anything that would cause the messaging app to use the clock. The framework will cause forecloses that will not stop.
    • I would not suggest flashing any of the gallery S5 zips. These cause force closes also. The zips do report working but did not on the i545
    • Anything else let me know.
    • The S5 settings.apk was missing more settings than S4 and had force closes on boot. Was removed.
    • Magazine is not clickable
    • Scrapbook may be removed in future update. Scrapbook needs some framework changes to work.

This rom was built from Surge's Stock NC5 rom posted HERE
    S5 apps were pulled from S5 stock rom and using Google.

Special Thanks:
    Surge1223
    AFH

By clicking here you agree that you are doing this on your own choice and nothing you are preparing to do will be my fault. No ones but your own. So install at your own risk. You know what rooting and flashing can do to your phone.
    Notification panel doesn't look like S5's. Needs some visual updates :)

Some mods needed framework changes. When I made them it would not boot. So some things were not changed
    What build is this based on?
    "This rom was built from Surge's Stock NC5 rom posted HERE
    S5 apps were pulled from S5 stock rom and using Google." -op