[ROM]Team OctOs Oct-MM

Search This thread

reggie cheeks

May 5, 2011
Lake Tapps
The latest build retires me. So satisfied. The dark theme is the best look of lollipop I've seen yet. I don't use bluetooth [emoji12]
Most excited I've been in awhile about a rom.
Many thanks Team OctOS!

Reactions: cjkacz

Cilraaz

Sep 17, 2010
Anyone else able to report their Bluetooth experiences with this ROM? I've been using Euroskank's CM12.1 builds and then my own. I have had continual Bluetooth issues with my car. It's my only complaint about this phone, so if this ROM is the one that was able to fix it, I'd love to know.

focus242

Jul 6, 2010
Anyone else able to report their Bluetooth experiences with this ROM? I've been using Euroskank's CM12.1 builds and then my own. I have had continual Bluetooth issues with my car. It's my only complaint about this phone, so if this ROM is the one that was able to fix it, I'd love to know.
I was in the same boat. No BT share FC issues with this ROM. I'm able to take calls and play music thru BT in my car with no problems.

Cilraaz

Sep 17, 2010
I was in the same boat. No BT share FC issues with this ROM. I'm able to take calls and play music thru BT in my car with no problems.

I guess I'll have to try it to see if it fixes the issue for me. I'm guessing it can be dirty flashed over a standard CM12.1 build, since it's a CM base.

Edit: No dice. I flashed it over my CM12.1 build and was still receiving Bluetooth Share FC's. I wiped system, data, cache, and dalvik, then re-flashed the ROM. It came up as a fresh phone. I hooked it up to my car and while Bluetooth Share didn't crash, the audio didn't play beyond the first connection. If I turned off Bluetooth on either the phone or car and then re-enabled it, YouTube would lag and not play audio. I tried Play Music and Music also. It was actually worse than before as disabling Bluetooth and clearing Bluetooth Share data didn't fix it.

Last edited:

cjkacz

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 11, 2013
Sardinia
www.teamoctos.com
I guess I'll have to try it to see if it fixes the issue for me. I'm guessing it can be dirty flashed over a standard CM12.1 build, since it's a CM base.

Edit: No dice. I flashed it over my CM12.1 build and was still receiving Bluetooth Share FC's. I wiped system, data, cache, and dalvik, then re-flashed the ROM. It came up as a fresh phone. I hooked it up to my car and while Bluetooth Share didn't crash, the audio didn't play beyond the first connection. If I turned off Bluetooth on either the phone or car and then re-enabled it, YouTube would lag and not play audio. I tried Play Music and Music also. It was actually worse than before as disabling Bluetooth and clearing Bluetooth Share data didn't fix it.

Try factory reset and reinstalling just to make sure the slate is wiped clean.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA Free mobile app

focus242

Jul 6, 2010
Its night and day for me. No BT share FCs at all. Music plays continuously and calls don't cause any FCs

stang5litre

Sep 11, 2012
Columbus
install

Read OP on MDK as far as flashing this do i just flash Rom and then flash the MD5 after? Or is the Zip for the rom sufficient. Never had to flash anything after besides maybe a Kernel. Thanks for your time. Oh and where do i get the Gapps at? the link in the OP is dead

Last edited:

Tortuga

Oct 28, 2010
Read OP on MDK as far as flashing this do i just flash Rom and then flash the MD5 after? Or is the Zip for the rom sufficient. Never had to flash anything after besides maybe a Kernel. Thanks for your time. Oh and where do i get the Gapps at? the link in the OP is dead

The md5 file can just sit in the same folder as the rom zip. The recovery checks it when flashing the rom. Kind of nice. Search Google for PA GAPPS. Download the 5.1 version of your choice.

reggie cheeks

May 5, 2011
Lake Tapps
Having some camera errors. Freezing and rebooting.
I've tried the Google camera but it ends up doing the same. Usually when switching from front to back cam.
What camera is everyone using?
I do plan to clean flash again. I've put the HTC ported camera on and I need to make sure that wasn't the cause.

Otakulad

Aug 24, 2011
Chicago
I wanted to report that I cannot get Netflix to work over mobile data with this ROM. I have the same problem with other Lollipop ROMs so I'm guessing it has something to do with that. Home wireless works fine though.

My wife has the same phone on the same carrier on the official Samsung Lollipop and Netflix works fine for her. I would love to use this ROM, but with my commute in the morning on a train, I need my Netflix.

Thanks for all the hard work.

The Grand Pooh-Bah

Dec 18, 2011
Will this work on my daughters GS4?

The specs are in my signature?

It is rooted with towelroot and It has safetrap , twrp, flashfire, SuperSU and Busybox. installed

Tortuga

Oct 28, 2010
I can delete safestrap cant I?
Negative. The only bootloader on this phone that has been bypassed (NOT unlocked, as some believe) was the original MDK bootloader. That's the only bootloader that allows the use of Loki to flash custom kernels. Everything since has required the use of SafeStrap to run custom ROMS. And the fully-functional SafeStrap-compatible ROMs are all TouchWiz.

Edit: and it is not possible to downgrade to MDK.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    teamoctos.png

Disclaimer: OctOs is a WIP. It has been evaluated as being stable, and is suitable for daily use in most cases. While it may be considered stable, there may be unknown bugs. The development team is not responsible for any damage to your device or your information.

Team OctOs presents Oct-MM.

We maintain a current release record and change-log on our website: http://www.teamoctos.com

- Please Do Not Mirror our files without talking to us. We can do that ourselves should we desire to. -

Team OctOs would like to thank Team Blackout for the use of their Blacked Out Nexus Launcher & for saving eyes one app at a time!
    You can get all the TBO goodies here as well as the TBO Updater http://teamblackedout.com/ #whiteuimustdie
    TBO thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=41545802

Frequently Asked Questions
    Q: Is this Android 6 (MarshMallow)?
    A: Yes, this is Android 6.0.1

Q: What code is Oct-MM based on?
    A: Starting with Oct-MM, we've rebased OctOs on the CyanogenMod 13 code. Modified to give you a smoother more stable rom.
    We like to Strive on being closest to AOSP as possible but also being able to support multiple device

Q: What happened to AOSP?
    A: All Android code is based on the Android Open Source Project (AOSP). Under previous releases, we tried very hard to limit the number of "Not from Google directly" repositories that we used. Unfortunately, issues with devices, the need for Code Aurora Foundation (CAF) repositories for Qualcomm devices, and compatibility issues meant fighting code more often than not. We decided that since the code-base for many repositories were the same across most ROMs, picking a starting point to build the user experience on outweighed the desire to craft code from scratch, or fix broken code to make it work with other changes we already had.

Q: Why isn't there XXXXXXX feature.
    A: Shoot us a Suggestion if you want to see something added. While we are not going to promise to implement, we will always look into it

Q: But CM and all the others have..
    A: ROM developers, including CM, build something they want to use. The ROM developer that includes something they won't run implies less than 100% effort to ensure it does work. As a team, we have similar goals and objectives. If XYZ ROM has a feature you want, and we don't include (or don't want to include), feel free to use XYZ ROM, or build your own custom version of Oct-L.

Q: Superuser or SuperSU?
    A: Team OctOs uses SuperSU and is installed automatically.

Bugs:
    Bugs happen. Our testers are very good at breaking things, but no where near as good as the rest of the Android public. In order to investigate and fix issues, we need the help of the users who are going to report them. The Android OS has many nifty features to help us in this, but only if we can engage the user to assist us.

Logs, Logcat, and the Android Debugging Bridge (ADB)
    Like any other OS, Android has multiple log files that are generated and record the goings-on of the system. As a user, you have two basic ways to view and pull these to send to us. Without the information in the logfiles, there simply is not a whole lot of information to go on.

Log file APKs
    Team OctOs recommends SysLog from the Android Market. This application will allow you to selectively pick any (or all) of the system logs, compress them into a .ZIP file, and allow you to save, email, move to your Copy/DropBox/Cloud Storage account, etc.

ADB Logcat
    The Android Debugging Bridge (ADB) is a powerful tool available from Google as part of the Android Software Development Kit (SDK). Used for many things, being able to selectively see, in real-time, what your device is doing cannot be downplayed. While there is more setup involved, if you are doing consistent ROM flashing, you really should invest the time to get setup properly to do it.

ADB Logcat tutorial here: How to create a logcat log

Basic Instructions:
    1. Download ROM .zip file and MD5 file, and grab your favorite Android 6 based GApps[/URL] package
    2. Reboot to Recovery (Note: Use Reboot to Recovery from Power Menu, Hardware-based boot to recovery, or adb reboot recovery - ROM Manager or similar software is NOT supported)
      --- TWRP is the ONLY recovery Team OctOs uses - We do not support flashing on CWM ---
    3. Factory Reset from TWRP
    4. Flash ROM and GApps .ZIP files
    5. Reboot

DOWNLOADS
    Recomended Gapps: http://opengapps.org/

The Oct-MM ROM installation script will automatically wipe /system, /cache, and /data/dalvik-cache. There is no need to do these before or after flashing the ROM unless you are instructed to by your GApps Provider

The foundation of the Android OS is the fact that is it open-source. We have all code we use internally in the creation of Oct-MM available on our GitHub repositories.

Unless otherwise specified, all Oct-MM builds use the device's stock CyanogenMod 13 kernel.

Team OctOs GitHub - http://www.github.com/Team-OctOs
    Team OctOs Gerrit Review - http://www.teamoctos.com:8080
    Team OctOs GPLv2 License - http://www.teamoctos.com/license/
    Team OctOs Patreon Campaign - https://www.patreon.com/TOctOs

Want To Build Your Own?
    Check out the ReadMe on our GitHub for Instructions

Special thanks to
    • Our testers, without which, there would be no public releases for OctOs

We would also like to thank
    • CyanogenMod
    • OmniROM
    • AOSP
    • Anyone else who has ever submitted Open-Source code

Follow Us at the various websites below!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Oct-MM, ROM for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4

Contributors
    Grommish, CjKacz, canodroid15, bthorne79
    Source Code: http://www.github.com/Team-OctOs

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Baseband MDK - Non-SafeStrap
    Based On: CyanogenMod 13.0

Version Information

Created 2015-02-17
    Last Updated 2016-08-26
    Good to know! But nobody will go there, unless directed to do so in the OP. I suggest linking your downloads page to the OP.

We've discussed it. At this point, across just the S3 and S4 devices, we've had something like 800 downloads. People are finding it.

Speaking only for myself, I'd rather anyone who either cannot or will not read the OP to move to another ROM. Flashing a device is a risky operation in the best of times. Anyone who says "I can't find" or "Why don't you just tell me", when it is literally the first thing after the logo, means that when they fail to do something and soft-brick their device (or in the case of the jfltevzw, hardbricks their device because they are safestrapped) then I have to listen to it and deal with it. Besides, it makes the entire project look bad.

I went out and got the XDA app, just to see what those who are looking at it see. See the screenshot below.

I will link you directly to a post, however, from the dev-blog entitled There be Dragons here in which I look at people's ability to treat their mobile devices like toys, rather than $700+ electronic devices. Any user who wants to be hand-held can do it in another thread. Flashing is as safe as we can make it, but I've personally had flashes go bad, and the ability to recover the device means following instructions. If anyone cannot figure out how to download the ROM, especially given the screenshot below, again, I'd rather not have them flash it.
    OK peeps! I'm a little behind today but here it is! We bring you the first Oct-M release build! You can grab Oct-M R-1 here

https://www.teamoctos.com/release-builds/

ENJOY!
    Awesome Rom!

Anyone interested in a custom Octos boot animation?

This is a preview gif of the bottanimation, it loops at the end (the word lollipop fades in and out kind of a breathing effect).

octos-sm.gif

Download the file below and rename it bootanimation.zip
    Copy it to system/media and reboot.

Back up your original in case you don't like it.

Download link

Awesome work with the boot animation! Thanks for sharing! Glad you're enjoying the ROM! ?
    Awesome Rom!

Anyone interested in a custom Octos boot animation?

This is a preview gif of the bottanimation, it loops at the end (the word lollipop fades in and out kind of a breathing effect).

octos-sm.gif

Download the file below and rename it bootanimation.zip
    Copy it to system/media and reboot.

Back up your original in case you don't like it.

Download link