Stock_Verizon_I545VRUFNK1_4.4.2_For_MDK_BootLoader

Search This thread

jmorisey

Nov 25, 2007
Phone stuck at ANDROID screen with CUSTOM padlock

okay, I just tried installing this ROM and now when I reboot I am stuck at a screen that says android followed by a padlock that says custom. I have to do a complete white and clear Danna and reinstall the ROM to get back to my phone. However, when I reboot, I am stuck back at the same screen. What did I do wrong? Any ideas?:confused:

natec003

Dec 17, 2012
okay, I just tried installing this ROM and now when I reboot I am stuck at a screen that says android followed by a padlock that says custom. I have to do a complete white and clear Danna and reinstall the ROM to get back to my phone. However, when I reboot, I am stuck back at the same screen. What did I do wrong? Any ideas?:confused:
A couple questions first... When was the last time you updated your recovery? I'm assuming you're on mdk right? Last, did you wipe internal storage recently? I had this problem like last summer... It started happening after I decided I was going to "clean up my phone" and decided to wipe internal storage. Apparently when I did, there was an issue with TWRP that did not perform the operation correctly. I updated my recovery, wiped internal storage again and the problem went away. Not sure if this helps at all!

Sent from my S4

Feb 28, 2009
I am using this ROM. It is really nice.
One thing I have noticed, is that when I use Miracast to do Screen Mirroring, I am getting prompted to use the Samsung Apps Store to update the Miracast. If I say, ok go update, it fails to update, something about some service not able to run, I have forgotten the error. So, does anyone know how to get an updated Miracast APK from the Samsung Apps Store that I can sideload onto this to fix this problem?

With MDK, I always want to be so careful with this phone. My daughter broke the screen in her S4, so I loaned mine to her for a few days (dropped back to my HTC Touch Pro 2) and right after I give it to her she drops it on the floor walking into church :mad: Screen replacement on hers was not too bad, easier to work on than Apple iPod's, that's for sure.

Feb 28, 2009
Most likely not related to this ROM, but I flashed TWRP 2.8.5.0 and then Recovery would not boot anymore. Had to go back to 2.8.4.0. Tried twice, same results.

jareddlc

Sep 26, 2010
www.
i cannot flash this rom. md5 checks out corectly. anyone have similar issue with a fix?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-03-17-01-05-27.png
    Screenshot_2015-03-17-01-05-27.png
    88.9 KB · Views: 661

Struglife

Jun 24, 2012
norcal
**Sorry if this has been answered or is not appropriate for this thread but I've searched to way to long to figure out what to do.**

Will this rom work on a SCH-R970 (obviously USC) thats already UNLOCKED,. ROOTED, with Custom recovery? I have bars with a VZW 4g sim in it and it goes to verizon activation when I *228 but I cant get the keypad up to press 1. It's on 4.4.2. Thank you for your time!

DerekZ10

Aug 18, 2011
Since your on MDK try flashing Adam v2.3 kernel or AEL v4.6. Just remember to flash Loki zip after installing kernel. I've had really good battery life with both kernels. Haven't tried this build yet but its still 4.4.2 based.

I'm confused. Those are both i9505 kernels and Verizon is an i545. Does this mean we can flash i9505 things to our Verizon phones? I can't find a straight answer anywhere.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is the latest Verizon Rom it is a deodexed fully stock rooted rom with busybox and with knox removed. Talexop Stock 4.4.2 TW Kernel. Everything else is totally stock.

Download
    I545VRUFNK1.zip
    Mirror

XDA:DevDB Information
    Verizon_TW_4.4.2_NK1, ROM for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S 4

Contributors
    jrkruse
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat

Version Information

Created 2014-12-09
    Last Updated 2014-12-08
    Mods For NK1

Extended reboot and disable cd installer mod by @old&slow.
    NK1_Ext_Reboot_MTP.zip
    3Minit Battery Mod

Here's a modified SystemUI.apk for use with @gharrington's 3Minit Battery Mod.

I take no credit for this mod. I just followed his simple instructions to modify our SystemUI.

Original thread: 3Minit Battery Mod
    Give a big thanks while you're there.

To install, first go to the 3Minit Battery Mod thread and under the downloads section, download the "app and smali files" file. Unzip the file and grab the 3MinitBatterySettings.apk and place it on your sdcard then just tap it and install like any other app (be sure that Unknown sources is checked under Security in settings). If you don't install the app FIRST, SystemUI will f/c.

Next open the app and choose a battery style. (Something other than anything in the offline section ). Click "download and apply".

Lastly, flash this modded SystemUI zip in recovery. NK1_3MinitBatteryMod.zip

Enjoy!

You can show your support for gharrington's work by downloading his new app in the PlayStore. It has no ads and more features.
    @old&slow made a extended power menu mod. I posted it in post #2
    Thanks, Jkruse. It's really nice of you to come back and share things like this and the ROM patch work even though you're on an S5 yourself. Thank you!!