VRoot to SuperSU Installer

Search This thread

Tomsgt

tried this also and it freeze at cleaning and doesnt give root access only installs SuperSU to system
root cleaner keeps asking for adb shell root access but auto gets denied. I gave it root at first but then is denied and the clean up never finishes
also the security notice keeps popping up

Last edited:
L

LilTechPrincess

tried this also and it freeze at cleaning and doesnt give root access only installs SuperSU to system
root cleaner keeps asking for adb shell root access but auto gets denied. I gave it root at first but then is denied and the clean up never finishes

When was the last time you updated your security policies? I noticed that Samsung pushed a policy update today. Wondering if applying it is preventing this from working?

Tomsgt

When was the last time you updated your security policies? I noticed that Samsung pushed a policy update today. Wondering if applying it is preventing this from working?

haven't ever update the policie. I had to copy the supersu su file over to system/bin then reboot and it works. I think the script is still missing something. Nice work as soon as this is working 100% i am going to make a video on this.

Reactions: customize lord
L

LilTechPrincess

haven't ever update the policie. I had to copy the supersu su file over to system/bin then reboot and it works. I think the script is still missing something. Nice work as soon as this is working 100% i am going to make a video on this.

Ill reset my phone to factory later tonight and test it again.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

This is how it all played out for me also.
I rooted with vroot, ran your script, it swapped the super user apps but would never finish running and the binaries never updated. Always would get the security policy errors also. Tried re-rooting and re-running yhe script about five times. Ended up re-rooting to get the chinese SU, verifying root was working, then swapping the super user app manually.

I was using your script from last night, not your v4.

dro10

Jul 1, 2010
It work for me

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

I ran vroot then ran clean tool an when it froze at cleaning up files I rebooted phone an now I'm rooted. Thanks

Tomsgt

It work for me

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

I ran vroot then ran clean tool an when it froze at cleaning up files I rebooted phone an now I'm rooted. Thanks

did you check with root checker app? And open supersu to update it

dro10

Jul 1, 2010
It work for me

Yes ran root checker

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

did you check with root checker app? And open supersu to update it

Yes done both

michaely123

Jan 19, 2011

dro10

Jul 1, 2010

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1384483129366.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1384483129366.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 415

Fourty8

Nov 15, 2013
I ran this it hung on cleaning up files, tried to restart and lost root. But it did remove superuser. Great for a start!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

Same thing for me! Was rooted with Vroot, but it will not update the binaries in SuperSU, so tried this script and the phone loses root.

Running stock MJ7, so that is probably my problem :cool:

L

LilTechPrincess

I also want to remind everyone that this is written for and tested on the Verizon Wireless SCH-I545. I understand it is working on some other carriers/models, and not others. If you don't mind posting which ones it does and does not work on that would be cool!

Thx

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Rooted last night with vroot however I used the method in this thread (last link in OP): http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2337590

The mrw zip file he talks about flashing through terminal worked great for me. Using SuperSU now and I was able to update binaries and all.
    I encourage everyone who used VRoot, to use a professional uninstaller application to remove it from your PC after finishing rooting. Uninstalling VRoot through windows going to leave lots of registry keys and system files that open up some ports and looks suspicious. Lots of free excellent uninstalli g applications can be found for Windows

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 07:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 AM ----------

Would u mind telling which software version ur on? I'm running mj9 for at&t, do u think it would work?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I am on MJ9 and used the ADB to push SuperSu and replace VRoot and worked like a charm :)

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S4
    Does it also say no device found?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Hey folks!

Thanks for this tool girl, it made me feel like I did remove unwanted stuff from my phone after vroot (which didn't even root my LGMS769 all the while saying it did but not true according to root checker app...)
    AND so I feared that perhaps there are still remnants of vroot in my system (LG Optimus L9).
    Would any of you tell me if that is so? I worry!!
    Don't want no unwanted server syncing :crying::crying::crying::crying:

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

TOTALLY right love is me! I rec Revo Uninstaller. And it deleted two registry keys it left behind in my sys. SMH! ;)

Folks,
    DO NOT use vroot when there are better alternatives.