Thanks Meter 62
Join Date: May 2014
Location: St. Augustine, FL
An alternative to ROM Slots for SafeStrap
As an alternative to ROM slots, what you can do is,
1. Boot into 1st ROM, configure and download all the apps you want.
2. Take a Nandroid of; /System and /data and optionally; cache. But I don't use the latter.
3. Wipe Data, System, Cache, and dalvik.
4. Install 2nd ROM, boot, configure, install all the same apps (just for now)
5. Take Nandroid of /system only
To switch to ROM 1, restore the backup of its /system (should only take about 6-10 seconds as opposed to flashing data too.
To switch to ROM 2, restore the backup of its /system ""
The reason you MUST install all the SAME apps on the 2nd ROM is to rebuild the necessary data folders.
To install a new app, boot to rom 1 and install it, then switch to ROM 2 and wipe cache and boot or vice versa.