OP Senior Member
Flag St. Augustine, FL
Thanks Meter: 99

196 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hey Guys,

As an alternative to ROM slots, what you can do is,

1. Boot into 1st ROM, configure and download all the apps you want.
2. Take a Nandroid of; /System and /data and optionally; cache. But I don't use the latter.
3. Wipe Data, System, Cache, and dalvik.
4. Install 2nd ROM, boot, configure, install all the same apps (just for now)
5. Take Nandroid of /system only

To switch to ROM 1, restore the backup of its /system (should only take about 6-10 seconds as opposed to flashing data too.
To switch to ROM 2, restore the backup of its /system ""

The reason you MUST install all the SAME apps on the 2nd ROM is to rebuild the necessary data folders.
In
To install a new app, boot to rom 1 and install it, then switch to ROM 2 and wipe cache and boot or vice versa.

Have fun,
The Following User Says Thank You to npjohnson For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th August 2014, 04:40 PM   |  #2  
While this may work, be aware there are problems that could arise by doing this. They likely wouldn't effect much but some ROM's are picky. That aside your still partitioning your device and will lose X amount of space even with this method.
28th August 2014, 03:34 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag St. Augustine, FL
Thanks Meter: 99

196 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NighthawkXL

While this may work, be aware there are problems that could arise by doing this. They likely wouldn't effect much but some ROM's are picky. That aside your still partitioning your device and will lose X amount of space even with this method.

I agree, especially with Xposed, some problems could definitely arise. But I switch between Hyperdrive and GPE via this method about 2-3 times a week. Over time, constant flashing takes its toll on the Drive, but I don't mind it much.

Actually... you aren't partitioning though... you can just take the backups to your SD Card and it wont take up any internal storage other than what the ROM is taking
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread