How many of you are still on mdk?

7th September 2014, 03:07 PM   |  #81  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6

44 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bccolema

Hey Guys,

Currently still MDK and running HyperDrive 18.1 and love it!!!

Like most custom ROMs and updates there are minor bugs which occasionally effect some... Have been debating just going stock and running with the hopefully bug free Samsung experience... Can someone talk me out of this if I'm being stupid..? Plz

What TouchWiz roms are people using that you find mostly bug free.... I mainly use my phone for pictures, the social media apps, and group texting (unfortunately with iPhones, which can cause some problems)

Thanks!!!!

What problems are you having? In my experience, roms are always less buggy then stock roms. Try dan's Google play edition rom, it is great and bugfree for me.
7th September 2014, 03:31 PM   |  #82  
Flag DC area
Thanks Meter: 86

305 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bccolema

Hey Guys,

Currently still MDK and running HyperDrive 18.1 and love it!!!

Like most custom ROMs and updates there are minor bugs which occasionally effect some... Have been debating just going stock and running with the hopefully bug free Samsung experience... Can someone talk me out of this if I'm being stupid..? Plz

What TouchWiz roms are people using that you find mostly bug free.... I mainly use my phone for pictures, the social media apps, and group texting (unfortunately with iPhones, which can cause some problems)

Thanks!!!!

I've found Echoe v27 with KToonsez custom kernel to be very stable for me. No Sleep of Deaths (SODs) or glitches. I've also tried Hyperdrive 18 and it's cool too, I just didnt like a couple things about it.
12th September 2014, 11:13 AM   |  #83  
Flag Cleveland, OH
Thanks Meter: 154

798 posts
More
MDK here and just installed Liquid Smooth. I was on CM11 but it's having issues.
26th September 2014, 05:50 PM   |  #84  
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
More
Still on MDK. I have run several different Roms. I seem to always go back to the Touchwiz roms even though I run Nova Launcher. I just like the System settings look and feel better with the TW roms. I like to run the Hyperdrive roms but I always seem to have some nagging problem with it. With V18.1 I was having freeze ups maybe one a day or so. Required a reboot to go back to normal. Currently running an older one TW Rom - Jelly 'Bean' - Build 7. It has been rock solid for me. I see a lot of folks are running GPE, I may give it another go.
28th September 2014, 03:54 PM   |  #85  
Thanks Meter: 24

185 posts
More
I am still on MDK running GPE rom
29th September 2014, 04:22 AM   |  #86  
Thanks Meter: 14

267 posts
More
Still on MDK here. But I've been debating upgrading though for some reason. Seems every rom, kernel, etc I try something just isn't right on it. It could range from just general lag, to bluetooth issues, to having to turn airplane mode on and off to get 4g lte back running, wifi will disconnect at periods, etc. I'm really trying not to upgrade from MDK though as I love the ability to flash anything I want. Just I'm tired of all the issues I'm having. Battery life was horrible with stock and custom roms, so I bought a bigger battery but it just kills the device being so think to me. That and it's becoming a pain to redownload all my apps and restore the data for them whenever I wipe and install anything.

Help keep me on MDK!
29th September 2014, 12:39 PM   |  #87  
Thanks Meter: 116

641 posts
I know what you mean sevron. I never had mdk but had nc5 with mk2 bootloader and had little issue like when phone would overheat and shut down when plugged in would restart instead of shutting down possibly ruining phone so I upgraded to nc5 bootloader so it would go to charge mode.
29th September 2014, 11:39 PM   |  #88  
Thanks Meter: 2

15 posts
Still on MDK here
still on MDK here as well.
30th September 2014, 02:47 PM   |  #89  
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 60

501 posts
More
Im still on MDK with the GPE rom.. I accept the occasional issue with cellular reception in exchange for a fast bloat free Rom.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread