Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,817 Members 53,757 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How To Install AOSP S4 Google Edition ROM Using SafeStrap on Verizon NC5 i545

Tip us?

gsciullo17
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeezer308 View Post
Well I guess I didn't try to change selinux, but I had installed superSU, then busybox and then I tried to install SS. It said installation was successful but it would read "not installed". If I end up in that situation again I'll try to change selinux and see if that works.
Yeah its a proven fix. You need to have busybox installed first then change the selinux to permissive. Works every time
The Following User Says Thank You to gsciullo17 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

marbertshere
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Well I guess I didn't try to change selinux, but I had installed superSU, then busybox and then I tried to install SS. It said installation was successful but it would read "not installed". If I end up in that situation again I'll try to change selinux and see if that works.
Yep next time download an app called SELinux Mode Changer (or something like that). I guess you could do it through terminal emulator as well. Glad you got it working though.

Sent from my SCH-I545 on GPE 4.4.4. ROM via XDA mobile.

zombolt
Old
Thanks Meter 31
For some reason my issue with no voice calls resolved itsself with me taking no particular action other than possibly rebooting a couple times. But I appreciate the folks who tried to help me with the issue. I sure do wish I knew how this **** works better. Lesson is don't tamper with the network settings at all maybe? Makes me think that we only know what we think we know and there's many things unknown about the device.

I tried the code someone suggested in the dialer and nothing happened. Is that number for the dialer specific to this at&t ROM? I tried it on deodex nc5 stock and nothing happened.
Did anyone get wifi tether working? I tried Foxfi and it didn't working.

I will come back to this ROM when I hear wifi tether works if you guys don't mind.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Free mobile app

skeezer308
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by marbertshere View Post
Yep next time download an app called SELinux Mode Changer (or something like that). I guess you could do it through terminal emulator as well. Glad you got it working though.

Sent from my SCH-I545 on GPE 4.4.4. ROM via XDA mobile.
Yeah I already have the app. I just didn't think to use it so that I could install SS.

sinner822
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Well I got it fixed finally! I tried flashing the stock NC5 image and rooting that, but for what ever reason I couldn't install SS on that. So, I just went ahead and did the downgrade upgrade method, which ended up working finally. I'm back on 4.4.3 and everything's working as it should. The only thing that I could never really get to work is MTP, but that's to be expected. I just use airdroid for any transfers I need to do. Thanks everyone for the help and suggestions.
Surges AP, CP, CSC most likely would have taken care of it. No pit file needed. You used those files anyway in your down/upgrade. Those are cache and data... Next time try it. You will save a lot of time.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to sinner822 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]