Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,401 Members 45,129 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How To Install AOSP S4 Google Edition ROM Using SafeStrap on Verizon NC5 i545

Tip us?

F1a5hP01ntX
Old
(Last edited by F1a5hP01ntX; Yesterday at 06:12 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeezer308 View Post
I was looking for a way to install the Touchwiz camera on GPE. I think it's tied into the framework, and is integrated into Touchwiz. So, that makes it difficult to have a Touchwiz feature on AOSP. I had found a flashable zip that was supposed to work on GPE, but it broke the ROM and soft bricked my phone when I flashed it
It would be nice if the effects were module based like the new Google camera. I don't think they would be part of the kernel because the kernel is the same. We are only able to boot this because the GPE rom can use the stock Samsung kernel. We can't use or even flash the actual kernel for GPE as far as I'm aware. When I do update to NC5 before I flash GPE, I will look into it.

marbertshere
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeezer308 View Post
I was looking for a way to install the Touchwiz camera on GPE. I think it's tied into the framework, and is integrated into Touchwiz. So, that makes it difficult to have a Touchwiz feature on AOSP. I had found a flashable zip that was supposed to work on GPE, but it broke the ROM and soft bricked my phone when I flashed it
I didn't think it was possible

javajoe1981
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Just wanted to post a follow up on my problem with data not working over phone calls.. I ODIN'd back to fresh stock NC5 and went through all the steps from there and now everything works like a dream. I love having this nexus feel on my S4, especially after disabling all off the capacitive buttons and home button and adding on screen buttons.. Truly amazing!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to javajoe1981 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

untruestory
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Well the camera has been done on an older version here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2341770
as well as another samsung camera that runs on AOSP I found for another device. It's possible and should be easier on this ROM because of the kernel. This simple port could be a great starting point for some great projects. Maybe someone can get some dev's attention?

skeezer308
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by untruestory View Post
Well the camera has been done on an older version here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2341770
as well as another samsung camera that runs on AOSP I found for another device. It's possible and should be easier on this ROM because of the kernel. This simple port could be a great starting point for some great projects. Maybe someone can get some dev's attention?
That's the one that I tried to use. I didn't pay attention to which version it was made for. The only problem that I really know of that keeps the Samsung camera from working on this ROM this the fact that the camera features are tied into the Touchwiz framework. I'm pretty sure Eclipse has the Samsung camera, but that's a Touchwiz ROM made to look like AOSP

F1a5hP01ntX
Old
(Last edited by F1a5hP01ntX; Yesterday at 05:46 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Does the 4.4.4 GPE rom have /system/framework/ twframework-res.apk?

untruestory
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1a5hP01ntX View Post
Does 4.4.4 GPE rom have /system/framework/ twframework-res.apk?
Nope

dm1105
Old
(Last edited by dm1105; Today at 12:57 AM.)
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by javajoe1981 View Post
Just wanted to post a follow up on my problem with data not working over phone calls.. I ODIN'd back to fresh stock NC5 and went through all the steps from there and now everything works like a dream. I love having this nexus feel on my S4, especially after disabling all off the capacitive buttons and home button and adding on screen buttons.. Truly amazing!!!
I know, right? This ROM is very snappy and so much better than any TW ROM I've installed in the past, even Eclipse. Compared to this ROM, Eclipse feels like a beta build, at best.

I've also noticed that my apps respond quicker and play nicer now. I haven't had a single force close or a random restart yet. I know that if my phone could talk it would be saying to this ROM, "Welcome home, baby."