Post Reply

How To Install AOSP S4 Google Edition ROM Using SafeStrap on Verizon NC5 i545

OP RickGrimes411

8th February 2015, 10:26 PM   |  #781  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 57
 
326 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickGrimes411

I'm on nc5 as well

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Free mobile app

kitpop seems to be the most relieable of the s4 SS ASOP roms its got it issues but its very usable as a daily
9th February 2015, 05:35 AM   |  #782  
Senior Member
Flag St. Augustine, FL
Thanks Meter: 225
 
441 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legitsu

kitpop seems to be the most relieable of the s4 SS ASOP roms its got it issues but its very usable as a daily

I was just checking this thread and reading about the GPS issues people were having and their specific situations. Good to hear you are enjoying it (;
9th February 2015, 05:37 AM   |  #783  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 57
 
326 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by npjohnson

I was just checking this thread and reading about the GPS issues people were having and their specific situations. Good to hear you are enjoying it (;

gps seems to work fine here
my only real annoyance is MTP Not working its a giant pain to pull my phone out of the case and remove the back cover to get at the micro-sd
9th February 2015, 05:41 AM   |  #784  
Senior Member
Flag St. Augustine, FL
Thanks Meter: 225
 
441 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legitsu

gps seems to work fine here
my only real annoyance is MTP Not working its a giant pain to pull my phone out of the case and remove the back cover to get at the micro-sd

Good news! I delayed the release of v1.3 b/c I stumbled onto a way to replace MTP with UMS, allowing us to plug the phone in and copy files to the extSDCard. Best part is that you can just run a symlink to /sdcard on your extSD , only bug is that when you write to internal storage via the symlink, you first have copy the file, then unmount the SD via the UMS prompt in the NC Center, then the file will copy in the background.
9th February 2015, 05:46 AM   |  #785  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 57
 
326 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by npjohnson

Good news! I delayed the release of v1.3 b/c I stumbled onto a way to replace MTP with UMS, allowing us to plug the phone in and copy files to the extSDCard. Best part is that you can just run a symlink to /sdcard on your extSD , only bug is that when you write to internal storage via the symlink, you first have copy the file, then unmount the SD via the UMS prompt in the NC Center, then the file will copy in the background.

but that still means no ADB which isn't really a issue for anybody other then me
I don't know why you would want to symlink /sdcard thats a bad idea in general for the reasons you listed so long as you can plugnplay to transfer to the microsd thats good enough
Last edited by Legitsu; 9th February 2015 at 05:48 AM.
9th February 2015, 05:54 AM   |  #786  
Senior Member
Flag St. Augustine, FL
Thanks Meter: 225
 
441 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legitsu

but that still means no ADB which isn't really a issue for anybody other then me
I don't know why you would want to symlink /sdcard thats a bad idea in general for the reasons you listed so long as you can plugnplay to transfer to the microsd thats good enough

ADB? Adb works just fine here.

Do you mean ADB during UMS? I swear I was using it earlier today, but could be wrong, and will check tommorow.

Due to the lack of internal storage write access, that's why the /sdcard symlink. For me, I never really store things long term on my extSD, only on my internal storage, so that's why I use that. I wouldn't ever ship something like that in a production build. But FYI the limbo time that it spends after unmounting doesn't appear to be harmful whatsoever, according to the logs, it is just as if it were waiting for the device to come online before transferring.
9th February 2015, 05:56 AM   |  #787  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 57
 
326 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by npjohnson

ADB? Adb works just fine here.

Do you mean ADB during UMS? I swear I was using it earlier today, but could be wrong, and will check tomorrow.

Due to the lack of internal storage write access, that's why the /sdcard symlink. For me, I never really store things long term on my extSD, only on my internal storage, so that's why I use that. I wouldn't ever ship something like that in a production build. But FYI the limbo time that it spends after unmounting doesn't appear to be harmful whatsoever, according to the logs, it is just as if it were waiting for the device to come online before transferring.

the only time the limbo would be a issue is if something needed to write to iSD still menu prompts and stuff are a annoyance
and yea I was talking about ADB Whilst MTP I use it for "experimenting" sometimes
Yesterday, 04:09 PM   |  #788  
obey.aw's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
25 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2014
Would the method used for this work with PAC ROM? Ripping out the build.prop then flashing APNs? (Sinners zip) I would love to go back to my PAC ROM days

Sent from a Google driven BEAST
Last edited by obey.aw; Yesterday at 04:28 PM.
Yesterday, 11:55 PM   |  #789  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 191
 
620 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by obey.aw

Would the method used for this work with PAC ROM? Ripping out the build.prop then flashing APNs? (Sinners zip) I would love to go back to my PAC ROM days

Sent from a Google driven BEAST

I believe pac rom wouldn't work without a custom kernel. I don't know if anybody had tried or both though.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Today, 04:19 PM   |  #790  
obey.aw's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
25 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2014
I might try this method with AOKP since they use very similar kernels. There is one nightly I lost the link too that flashes on safestrap but no service no matter what (kernel) and no WiFi but it flashes.

Sent from a Google driven BEAST

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes