95 posts
Thanks Meter: 74
By RickGrimes411, Member on 16th July 2014, 08:40 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
16th March 2015, 04:33 PM |#811  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 74
Originally Posted by technique00

Question: If coming from an NK1 build, is it actually necessary to downgrade to NC5 before flashing, or can you go strait from NK1? Im originally coming from an NK1, and I ask because initially not wanting to divert in any way from the instructions, I had downgraded to NC5 before flashing the modified super-nexus, modules, and update-supersu. After second boot and a hotboot, wifi still wound't work and having spend 12+ hours and it being midnight I decided to backup in Safestrap and restore my previous rooted Nk1 until i can figure out what the deal. This morning I discovered my NK1 was bootlooping. Tried flashing the NK1 modules to fix but it did not. Then, impatient, and without thinking to downgrade back to NC5, I did a full wipe, flashed moded super-nexus, modules, and update supersu and now wifi works on first boot. Any thoughts here?

I think nk1 requires some additional steps. I would think everything would work in the end but I'm not sure what those other steps are. I hear nc5 is easier to deal with in regards to selinux and the modules. The problem is with the Roms in the op is that they are not vzw so things are just different. Check out the kitpop thread. Its supernexus built for vzw and I believe it has instructions for nk1 as well. Might give you some answers

That's what I'm on right now.

Sent from my SCH-i545 using XDA Free mobile app
Last edited by RickGrimes411; 16th March 2015 at 04:48 PM.
21st March 2015, 08:37 PM |#812  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 1
No I am good now, and I put the verizon apn in and I didn't touch it at all. I then flashed it and it worked.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread