Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,386 Members 52,694 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HOW2] UPGRADE W/ ROOT&SAFESTRAP4CUSTOMROMS-1-FILE-DL-NO-BOOTLOADERS-0x0KNOXSUPER-EZ

Tip us?

gigilie
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 584

DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up [HOW2] UPGRADE W/ ROOT&SAFESTRAP4CUSTOMROMS-1-FILE-DL-NO-BOOTLOADERS-0x0KNOXSUPER-EZ

JUST A HEADS UP I FOUND THIS COOL.....By far the slickest, smoothest, safest, fastest way to upgrade no matter what current system is.
THESE NEW ODIN IMAGES CAN ALSO TAKE THE PLACE OF ANY NO-WIPES OR EMERGENCY ODIN PACKAGES.

in my SAFE UPgrade thread and I've updated the OP to help those that need it with rooting.

they contain Odin 3.10 flashable images of NC2 or NC5 along with all the apps you'll need to get going with root and safestrap without ever resetting your phone until you reset to Safestrap. By far the slickest and most simple way to upgrade. Upgrading with my method will keep your bootloaders at what they are now. Its also the easiest way to keep your Initial loading screen the official s4 (no broken lock screen when you turn on your phone) and KNOX as always will remain at 0x0. These Odin images also contain .pit and modem/hlos so literally all you need is the 1 file flashed thru odin for all to get going on custom roms. Take a trip download the rar. extract the files from the rar (includes Odin 3.10, SS, root, selinux permissive files, odin image) load the odin ap slot with my odin image and flash. then take those apps and install via apks from your sdcard. super easy anyone can do it in less than 15min.

check out CHAOS VZW v2.6 has 7 of the best themes&apps made including AOSP, Foxhound and Domination!
gDux v2.1
-gogolie

aknotts415
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Hi Gigilie as always seems easy!! I had a question about flashing in SS3.72 sorry if wrong spot but i wanna flash ur Chaos rom lol. What do I whipe in SS before i flash rom?
[COLOR="Navy"][B][SIZE="1"]Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 I545 4.4.2 NC5 Towelroot SafeStrap 3.72
Roms:
1.) Empty Galaxy NG2 by Thee Reggie Cheeks
2.) Echoe V26.1 4.4.2 SS UPSM Part2