Any roms for my S4

Search This thread
May 19, 2016
Hey guys thanks for taking your time and reading. I have a Verizon Sch-i545 Galaxy S4 with a OF1 bootloader. I really and when i say really i mean it, really want a deodexed rom. I literally have been searching for days, bricking my device, and much more. All you tech savvy pros out there could you possibly help me i really wanted a deodexed rom just to download xposed and other modules. Please help, thanks again!

hooks024

Jan 4, 2015
I tried stang's, and I could only get one to connect to the network, but it kept giving me a security warning every couple of minutes. Albe's s6 rom works great after turning off the edge features.

cicuye

May 15, 2016
Pinehurst, Texas
recovery kernel to flash on an OF1 build

So if I'm understanding this thread correctly, there is a rom I can install even with an OF1 build? I'll check these suggested roms. Big question to me is flashing a recovery kernel, what is it, where to download and instructions to install flash process.

lllboredlll

Retired Recognized Developer
instead of making a thread to ask i figured id just ask in this one....my girl has an i545pp with 0h7 baseband...... i've been retired from the game for a few years now but wanting know what i could do to unlock it and get here on a custom rom.... her ex has some **** on here i want wiped but though unlocking it and hooking her up would be better than a factory reset

thanks in advance

cicuye

May 15, 2016
Pinehurst, Texas
So if I'm understanding this thread correctly, there is a rom I can install even with an OF1 build? I'll check these suggested roms. Big question to me is flashing a recovery kernel, what is it, where to download and instructions to install flash process.
Finally got it. The first time I used Flash Fire the rom I downloaded was for the MDK build Stang rom. Working back through it I realized what I'd done, checked my download list and flashed everything correctly. I'm going through set up right now. It is so refreshing to not have to look at that damn Verizon boot image! Once again, thanks to all the collaborators and usual suspects that put all this together.

---------- Post added at 03:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 AM ----------

Finally got it. The first time I used Flash Fire the rom I downloaded was for the MDK build Stang rom. Working back through it I realized what I'd done, checked my download list and flashed everything correctly. I'm going through set up right now. It is so refreshing to not have to look at that damn Verizon boot image! Once again, thanks to all the collaborators and usual suspects that put all this together.
No Wifi problem has surfaced, clues?

bg260

Jan 4, 2016
Lincoln, NE
Negative. I gave up and went back to albe95's s6 rom.

OK. It's a mystery. I have the same device, but I can switch roms freely. Can you pm me with a description of how you rooted and what you did after. Also, I have tried installing xposed on stang5litre... the result was a reacquainence with my old friend Odin. I would like to figure out why some can flash stang and others cannot.

Thanks.

XxD34THxX

Nov 3, 2014
I have had no trouble with stang's ROM on my phone or my friend's s4... Albe's ROM had some problems that I eventually solved. Still running Stang's ROM

Top Liked Posts