Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,477 Members 40,683 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Verizon has already started "optimizing" me

Tip us?

bamige1
Old
Thanks Meter 3
If it helps, I heard that because they dont wanna do unlimited anymore, they will slow down the ppl with unlimited to get them to switch to a limited data plan.

graymonkey44
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 360

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamige1 View Post
If it helps, I heard that because they dont wanna do unlimited anymore, they will slow down the ppl with unlimited to get them to switch to a limited data plan.
That's exactly their plan. This network optimization only affects unlimited data customers. Another customer could use 500 GB in a day as long as they're paying for it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Free mobile app

Neontc
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Weird how they start doing this just as t-mobile comes out with a plan that's unlimited with no throttling.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Free mobile app

Topsnake
Old
Thanks Meter 442

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neontc View Post
Weird how they start doing this just as t-mobile comes out with a plan that's unlimited with no throttling.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Free mobile app
What do you mean come out? They had it for quite awhile. Last carrier to have truly unlimited.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfriendr View Post
11GB in 10 days?

Maybe it's because I never had the luxury of ever having unlimited data because when I got my first smartphone, Verizon had already gotten rid of unlimited and I haven't ever been on a different carrier, but I can't even begin to fathom how someone can uses that much data unless they do some serious media consumption/torrenting daily.

I don't even know what I'd do with unlimited data. ~3GB is my monthly usage.

Sucks that Verizon is going to throttle unlimited users, but they'll do ANYTHING to get you off of the plan (other than pay you to).
Lol that 11GB is alot. My cycle just finished a few days ago and my line used 169GB and the wifes used 79 GB.

Hell I'm currently at 42GB and the wife is at 19GB and we are only a few days in!

Moral of the story, SEARCH BEFORE POSTING! Chances are it has been asked several times.

Topsnake
Old
Thanks Meter 442

DONATE TO ME
A few pics to show usage

Name:  1410022188170.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  51.4 KB
Name:  1410022172727.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  48.9 KB

Moral of the story, SEARCH BEFORE POSTING! Chances are it has been asked several times.

ryant35
Old
Thanks Meter 12
It doesn't look like I've been throttled down at all... And I average 20-40gb a month for the past 6 years.
My home wifi is actually even faster so I don't use 4G at home very much anymore.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-09-11 07.14.30.png
Views:	131
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	2933166  

loukwarm
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have noticed a drop in speeds. Been contemplating a switch to TMO, not sure of service in my area though.

zombolt
Old
Thanks Meter 31
I believe I was optimized today. Just hit 16gb for the month. I was in a small town next to the interstate with moderate traffic. My data was so slow that my phone was completely unusable. Web pages and the play store would time out before anything loaded. Email still worked. Restarting and turning on off Airplane mode did not help. As soon as I got closer to the city my speeds picked up again.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Free mobile app