Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] A bit of assistance please

OP otownmarine

1st July 2014, 03:03 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

16 posts
Hi all,

So, I have an I545 with MK2 bootloader. I have been reading how its fairly safe now to go with a KK rom (I had some issues w the rom i was on so right now I have the stock Verizon rom with safestrap 3.72 already installed.

My main concern is that I do not (its on order- my other one got corrupted/inaccessible) have an SDCard to put the new ROM I want on there. Is it possible to place it on the internal storage and still be able to wipe enough of the phone without wiping out the zipped ROM?

And is there any KK ROMS for safestrap that are considered 'more stable' than others that may be a safer bet for me to roll with? Thanks!
1st July 2014, 04:55 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Springfield, Ma
Thanks Meter: 2,115

4,001 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by otownmarine

Hi all,

So, I have an I545 with MK2 bootloader. I have been reading how its fairly safe now to go with a KK rom (I had some issues w the rom i was on so right now I have the stock Verizon rom with safestrap 3.72 already installed.

My main concern is that I do not (its on order- my other one got corrupted/inaccessible) have an SDCard to put the new ROM I want on there. Is it possible to place it on the internal storage and still be able to wipe enough of the phone without wiping out the zipped ROM?

And is there any KK ROMS for safestrap that are considered 'more stable' than others that may be a safer bet for me to roll with? Thanks!

You're good to go as far as saving the ROM zip to internal memory. Unless you manually select to wipe Internal Storage you'll be just fine.

As far as what ROMs are more stable that's hard to say since it depends a lot on how you use your phone. I don't run TW ROMs myself ( MDK S4 ) but a I see a lot of people liking Hyperdrive or Echoe... Maybe just flash a couple and see how it goes. You have many options

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
1st July 2014, 05:01 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 31

252 posts
you do not have to wipe your data, just cache and dalvik cache. This applies to upgrading/downgrading between 4.3 to 4.4.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Free mobile app
1st July 2014, 05:30 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

16 posts
Ok, thanks- but isnt there some special steps I have to do in order to do the upgrade? I read an article on it yesterday in the hyperdrive thread (download like 4 different zips, apply using Odin, etc, then flash, which was what ended up causing my initial boot loop) or as long as I have SS 3.72, even on MK2, i should be ok just wiping the cache(s) and installing?
1st July 2014, 07:14 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

16 posts
Quote:

Ok, thanks- but isnt there some special steps I have to do in order to do the upgrade? I read an article on it yesterday in the hyperdrive thread (download like 4 different zips, apply using Odin, etc, then flash, which was what ended up causing my initial boot loop) or as long as I have SS 3.72, even on MK2, i should be ok just wiping the cache(s) and installing?

I should clarify- I meant that when going from 4.3 to 4.4 w MK2 / Safestrap. If all that isnt necessary, I'll be a happy individual.
2nd July 2014, 10:33 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

16 posts
bump--anyone?
2nd July 2014, 10:39 PM   |  #7  
Flag Decatur
Thanks Meter: 828

2,437 posts
Quote:

bump--anyone?

There are threads and YouTube videos on this stuff... All the info is out there. A stickie thread in general forum gives you links to most of it...

sent via safestrap 3.72 and echo v25.1! !
4th July 2014, 01:56 AM   |  #8  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Virginia
Thanks Meter: 1,569

1,924 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

The quick way there is to flash the NC5 no-wipe ROM from the Android Development forum for this phone. That'll get you to NC5, which you can then root, safestrap, and flash a ROM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread