Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,985 Members 54,184 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Possible Brick? Need Serious Help!

Tip us?

CC268
Old
(Last edited by CC268; 3rd July 2014 at 01:15 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Question Possible Brick? Need Serious Help!

I need some help here...phone may be done already though. I was on Jkruse's NC5 Verizon ROM. I was on MDK and had unlocked bootloader. Recently I tried going to Recovery to try and flash a new ROM. I got a Verizon message saying that there was unauotherized material on my phone and to turn it off and bring it Verizon. Suposedly the issue is that the kernel was not Loki'd, however it was Ktoonz kernel so not sure why that would be the case.

I just tried ODIN following this guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2301259

It flashed the Factory MDK image succesfully and now it just sits on the Verizon boot-up screen. I think I may be out of luck at this point, but hoping someone can help me. Seems like the NC5 ROM really made the phone go haywire.

EDIT: I can get into the stock recovery, but it just won't boot up...sticks at the Verizon screen
Samsung Galaxy S4 - VZW - ROOTED
Ghost Armor White Carbon Fiber

decaturbob
Old
Thanks Meter 761
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC268 View Post
I need some help here...phone may be done already though. I was on Jkruse's NC5 Verizon ROM. I was on MDK and had unlocked bootloader. Recently I tried going to Recovery to try and flash a new ROM. I got a Verizon message saying that there was unauotherized material on my phone and to turn it off and bring it Verizon. Suposedly the issue is that the kernel was not Loki'd, however it was Ktoonz kernel so not sure why that would be the case.

I just tried ODIN following this guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2301259

It flashed the Factory MDK image succesfully and now it just sits on the Verizon boot-up screen. I think I may be out of luck at this point, but hoping someone can help me. Seems like the NC5 ROM really made the phone go haywire.

EDIT: I can get into the stock recovery, but it just won't boot up...sticks at the Verizon screen

did you reinstall the loki so you can install custom recovery?
S4 powered by hashcode 3.72 safestrap and Echo V26 kitkat

CC268
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by decaturbob View Post
did you reinstall the loki so you can install custom recovery?
I couldn't get into recovery man so I ODIN'd back to stock...now I just have the factory image and no custom recovery...I can't even get it booted up. I may just take it into verizon..

CC268
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
THANK YOUUU I got it to work...for some reason I had to flash the ODIN file multple times...also did a factory reset in stock recovery