Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] I need a current CWM Recovery for Loki flash

OP mielke

8th July 2014, 02:50 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
I am attempting to put cyanogenmod on my 4.4.2 s4. I have (to my knowledge) rooted my phone. When I use loki to flash the recovery from CWM I get the error "aboot version does not match the device" I am assuming that this is due to an outdated CWM Recovery file. My problem is that I can only find an updated file as ".img" and I need it to be ".lok". Rewriting it as .lok is apparently beyond me, and the
link to loki-jfattvzw.zip from cyanogenmod guide is dead. It looks like that is a program that would format the ".img" file as a ".lok"

Has anyone gotten past this point with their s4? Or does anyone happen to have that zip file I need?

also, it sucks that I couldn't post all of my links >
8th July 2014, 03:47 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 316
 
996 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mielke

I am attempting to put cyanogenmod on my 4.4.2 s4. I have (to my knowledge) rooted my phone. When I use loki to flash the recovery from CWM I get the error "aboot version does not match the device" I am assuming that this is due to an outdated CWM Recovery file. My problem is that I can only find an updated file as ".img" and I need it to be ".lok". Rewriting it as .lok is apparently beyond me, and the
link to loki-jfattvzw.zip from cyanogenmod guide is dead. It looks like that is a program that would format the ".img" file as a ".lok"

Has anyone gotten past this point with their s4? Or does anyone happen to have that zip file I need?

also, it sucks that I couldn't post all of my links >

You CAN'T install a custom recovery on a 4.4.2 S4.

You REALLY should read this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2606501
8th July 2014, 04:05 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
yeah
Quote:
Originally Posted by riker147

You CAN'T install a custom recovery on a 4.4.2 S4.

You REALLY should read this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2606501

Seems to me that nobody has tried with loki and a current CWM butttt now I have safestrap and looks like I'll be rolling with hyperdrive. I really just want a rom that doesn't burn through my battery the way my stock one does.
8th July 2014, 04:47 AM   |  #4  
joshm.1219's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 1,495
 
3,447 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mielke

Seems to me that nobody has tried with loki and a current CWM butttt now I have safestrap and looks like I'll be rolling with hyperdrive. I really just want a rom that doesn't burn through my battery the way my stock one does.

Everyone has tried everything, of course Loki has been explored lol that was step 1. Using greenify, Android firewall, and an automation app like tasker are some of the best things you can do for battery life. They all have learning curves to best utilize them but you can find tons of guides online.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
8th July 2014, 12:09 PM   |  #5  
android-incredible's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 107
 
818 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshm.1219

Everyone has tried everything, of course Loki has been explored lol that was step 1. Using greenify, Android firewall, and an automation app like tasker are some of the best things you can do for battery life. They all have learning curves to best utilize them but you can find tons of guides online.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Don't forget ds battery saver.that what I use and is amazing...
The Following User Says Thank You to android-incredible For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th July 2014, 12:23 PM   |  #6  
Mistertac's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Springfield, Ma
Thanks Meter: 2,112
 
3,995 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by android-incredible

Don't forget ds battery saver.that what I use and is amazing...

I was just going to suggest this as well. Also there is a DS Battery Xposed Module that I think gives you even more options and control over it.

Great app for people who can't flash custom kernels.. My kernel setup + Greenify right now has my phone sleeping like a baby.

Also you can use App Ops to go a step further and not allow things like Google Play Services to keep your phone awake.. Among other things

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes