Nova Launcher Update Brings Lollipop Functionality and Feel

One of the most popular third party launcher on Android, Nova Launcher, has just … more

Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

[Q] I need a current CWM Recovery for Loki flash

OP mielke

8th July 2014, 01:50 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I am attempting to put cyanogenmod on my 4.4.2 s4. I have (to my knowledge) rooted my phone. When I use loki to flash the recovery from CWM I get the error "aboot version does not match the device" I am assuming that this is due to an outdated CWM Recovery file. My problem is that I can only find an updated file as ".img" and I need it to be ".lok". Rewriting it as .lok is apparently beyond me, and the
link to loki-jfattvzw.zip from cyanogenmod guide is dead. It looks like that is a program that would format the ".img" file as a ".lok"

Has anyone gotten past this point with their s4? Or does anyone happen to have that zip file I need?

also, it sucks that I couldn't post all of my links >
8th July 2014, 02:47 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 311

991 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mielke

I am attempting to put cyanogenmod on my 4.4.2 s4. I have (to my knowledge) rooted my phone. When I use loki to flash the recovery from CWM I get the error "aboot version does not match the device" I am assuming that this is due to an outdated CWM Recovery file. My problem is that I can only find an updated file as ".img" and I need it to be ".lok". Rewriting it as .lok is apparently beyond me, and the
link to loki-jfattvzw.zip from cyanogenmod guide is dead. It looks like that is a program that would format the ".img" file as a ".lok"

Has anyone gotten past this point with their s4? Or does anyone happen to have that zip file I need?

also, it sucks that I couldn't post all of my links >

You CAN'T install a custom recovery on a 4.4.2 S4.

You REALLY should read this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2606501
8th July 2014, 03:05 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
yeah
Quote:
Originally Posted by riker147

You CAN'T install a custom recovery on a 4.4.2 S4.

You REALLY should read this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2606501

Seems to me that nobody has tried with loki and a current CWM butttt now I have safestrap and looks like I'll be rolling with hyperdrive. I really just want a rom that doesn't burn through my battery the way my stock one does.
8th July 2014, 03:47 AM   |  #4  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 1,429

3,325 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mielke

Seems to me that nobody has tried with loki and a current CWM butttt now I have safestrap and looks like I'll be rolling with hyperdrive. I really just want a rom that doesn't burn through my battery the way my stock one does.

Everyone has tried everything, of course Loki has been explored lol that was step 1. Using greenify, Android firewall, and an automation app like tasker are some of the best things you can do for battery life. They all have learning curves to best utilize them but you can find tons of guides online.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
8th July 2014, 11:09 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 88

769 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshm.1219

Everyone has tried everything, of course Loki has been explored lol that was step 1. Using greenify, Android firewall, and an automation app like tasker are some of the best things you can do for battery life. They all have learning curves to best utilize them but you can find tons of guides online.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Don't forget ds battery saver.that what I use and is amazing...
The Following User Says Thank You to android-incredible For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th July 2014, 11:23 AM   |  #6  
Flag Springfield, Ma
Thanks Meter: 1,931

3,760 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by android-incredible

Don't forget ds battery saver.that what I use and is amazing...

I was just going to suggest this as well. Also there is a DS Battery Xposed Module that I think gives you even more options and control over it.

Great app for people who can't flash custom kernels.. My kernel setup + Greenify right now has my phone sleeping like a baby.

Also you can use App Ops to go a step further and not allow things like Google Play Services to keep your phone awake.. Among other things

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread