Ask a question

No registration required

Custom rom or stock rooted w/modules

OP nlcgadgetman

9th July 2014, 03:53 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8

98 posts
I'm playing with idea of just running stock rooted with the framework stuff because I don't like how much memory it takes up having to stock Rom and the custom rom on the same device at the same time. Not sure if I can put the custom rom in n the stock Rom slot without any adverse effects. I also can't find a way to get wifi tether to work on stock rooted. Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium HD app
9th July 2014, 05:46 PM   |  #2  
Flag Decatur
Thanks Meter: 827

2,437 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlcgadgetman

I'm playing with idea of just running stock rooted with the framework stuff because I don't like how much memory it takes up having to stock Rom and the custom rom on the same device at the same time. Not sure if I can put the custom rom in n the stock Rom slot without any adverse effects. I also can't find a way to get wifi tether to work on stock rooted. Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated.

Not sure why u are thinking...on kit kat base safestrap..ROM must be installed to stock slot...no ROM slots yet . With roms like hyper drive or eclipse or echo..All blow away anything you could set up with stock. Especially battery life.

sent by safestrap powered echo v26
9th July 2014, 09:56 PM   |  #3  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 319

1,067 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlcgadgetman

Wifi Tether works fine on stock rooted NC5.
There is a zip you need to flash listed in the original "how to upgrade to NC5" thread.
I use a stock ROM with Xposed. Works great and gives me all the custom stuff I want/need. YMMV
The Following User Says Thank You to tech_head For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th July 2014, 12:08 AM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8

98 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech_head

Wifi Tether works fine on stock rooted NC5.
There is a zip you need to flash listed in the original "how to upgrade to NC5" thread.
I use a stock ROM with Xposed. Works great and gives me all the custom stuff I want/need. YMMV

Yeah I just followed the video and now I'm rooted stock nc5. I tried to do this a while back but for some reason ss3.72 wouldnt take. So I was stuck on 4.3. Now if I could just figure out how get viper fx in I'm good. What module s do you use other than wanam

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium HD app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread